Oct 7, 2011, 6:55 PM EDT
Scherzer certainly would have been the No. 2 starter originally if not for his relief appearance in Thursday’s Game 5 against the Yankees, but the Tigers originally decided to push him to Game 4 after the outing. One can guess that he showed up feeling especially good today, causing the Tigers to move him back up.
So, the new rotation is Justin Verlander, Scherzer, Doug Fister and Porcello. It means that Scherzer, rather than Porcello, will get two starts if the series goes at least six games, which seems like a significant plus for the Tigers.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 115
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 155
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 22
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 52
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (173)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (155)