Oct 7, 2011, 4:46 PM EST
By defeating the Rays in four games the Rangers got a chance to set up their ALCS rotation in the same order as the ALDS, but the Tigers will juggle things a bit after needing five games to defeat the Yankees.
Jim Leyland avoided using Justin Verlander as a reliever in Game 5, so he’ll be fully rested to start the series opener against the Rangers. Rick Porcello will follow him in Game 2, moving up in the rotation because Doug Fister and Max Scherzer both pitched in Game 5 last night.
That means Verlander is scheduled to start just two of the seven games, although obviously Leyland may change plans if the Tigers are down 2-1 or 3-0 when Game 4 rolls around.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (360)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)