Oct 7, 2011, 3:47 PM EDT
I’m a Minnesotan and so it has seemed at times like the Yankees are unbeatable in the playoffs, but it turns out they haven’t been so good when they’re not beating up on the Twins.
During the past 10 seasons the Yankees’ playoff record is 12-2 against the Twins and 26-34 against all other teams.
In terms of series, the Yankees are 4-0 versus the Twins and 3-8 versus everyone else.
New Yorkers should probably join me in rooting for the Twins to turn things around in 2012.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 6
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 42
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)