Oct 7, 2011, 3:47 PM EST
I’m a Minnesotan and so it has seemed at times like the Yankees are unbeatable in the playoffs, but it turns out they haven’t been so good when they’re not beating up on the Twins.
During the past 10 seasons the Yankees’ playoff record is 12-2 against the Twins and 26-34 against all other teams.
In terms of series, the Yankees are 4-0 versus the Twins and 3-8 versus everyone else.
New Yorkers should probably join me in rooting for the Twins to turn things around in 2012.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (208)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)