Oct 7, 2011, 3:47 PM EST
I’m a Minnesotan and so it has seemed at times like the Yankees are unbeatable in the playoffs, but it turns out they haven’t been so good when they’re not beating up on the Twins.
During the past 10 seasons the Yankees’ playoff record is 12-2 against the Twins and 26-34 against all other teams.
In terms of series, the Yankees are 4-0 versus the Twins and 3-8 versus everyone else.
New Yorkers should probably join me in rooting for the Twins to turn things around in 2012.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)