Oct 7, 2011, 3:47 PM EDT
I’m a Minnesotan and so it has seemed at times like the Yankees are unbeatable in the playoffs, but it turns out they haven’t been so good when they’re not beating up on the Twins.
During the past 10 seasons the Yankees’ playoff record is 12-2 against the Twins and 26-34 against all other teams.
In terms of series, the Yankees are 4-0 versus the Twins and 3-8 versus everyone else.
New Yorkers should probably join me in rooting for the Twins to turn things around in 2012.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 33
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 38
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 12
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 71
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (180)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)