Oct 7, 2011, 11:51 AM EDT
In last night’s Tigers-Yankees game we saw both managers turn to top-of-the-rotation starters in relief roles and Zack Greinke may join the fun tonight.
Greinke threw just 86 pitches in his Game 2 start Sunday, so the fact that he’d be pitching on full rest and a modest recent workload means he might even be available for multiple innings.
Greinke hasn’t made a relief appearance since 2007, but he was dominant out of the Royals’ bullpen that season with a 3.54 ERA and 55/15 K/BB ratio in 53 innings spread over 38 appearances.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 2
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 17
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 13
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)