Oct 8, 2011, 4:49 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 1 of the ALCS between the Tigers and Rangers, which is scheduled to get underway right around 8:05 p.m. ET:
DETROIT TIGERS TEXAS RANGERS 1. Austin Jackson, CF 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 2. Ryan Raburn, LF 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 3. Miguel Cabrera, 1B 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 4. Victor Martinez, DH 4. Michael Young, DH 5. Magglio Ordonez, RF 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 6. Alex Avila, C 6. Mike Napoli, C 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 7. Nelson Cruz, RF 8. Ramon Santiago, 2B 8. David Murphy, LF 9. Brandon Inge, 3B 9. Mitch Moreland, 1B SP Justin Verlander, RHP SP C.J. Wilson, LHP
No real surprises in Ron Washington’s lineup. The Rangers will be facing all right-handed starters, so don’t look for much to change throughout the ALCS.
The Tigers, on the other hand, have made some changes. Delmon Young was left off the ALCS roster due to an oblique injury, so Ryan Raburn will take his place in left field and bat second while Miguel Cabrera will move into the No. 3 spot in the order. This is significant, as Cabrera has batted cleanup in all but just one game this season. It may seem like a minor change, but the more at-bats for Miggy, the better. Everybody else simply moves up a spot in the order while Brandon Inge will make a start at third base against the southpaw.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 3
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 152
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (154)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)