Oct 8, 2011, 4:49 PM EST
Here are the lineups for Game 1 of the ALCS between the Tigers and Rangers, which is scheduled to get underway right around 8:05 p.m. ET:
DETROIT TIGERS TEXAS RANGERS 1. Austin Jackson, CF 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 2. Ryan Raburn, LF 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 3. Miguel Cabrera, 1B 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 4. Victor Martinez, DH 4. Michael Young, DH 5. Magglio Ordonez, RF 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 6. Alex Avila, C 6. Mike Napoli, C 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 7. Nelson Cruz, RF 8. Ramon Santiago, 2B 8. David Murphy, LF 9. Brandon Inge, 3B 9. Mitch Moreland, 1B SP Justin Verlander, RHP SP C.J. Wilson, LHP
No real surprises in Ron Washington’s lineup. The Rangers will be facing all right-handed starters, so don’t look for much to change throughout the ALCS.
The Tigers, on the other hand, have made some changes. Delmon Young was left off the ALCS roster due to an oblique injury, so Ryan Raburn will take his place in left field and bat second while Miguel Cabrera will move into the No. 3 spot in the order. This is significant, as Cabrera has batted cleanup in all but just one game this season. It may seem like a minor change, but the more at-bats for Miggy, the better. Everybody else simply moves up a spot in the order while Brandon Inge will make a start at third base against the southpaw.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)