Oct 8, 2011, 4:49 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 1 of the ALCS between the Tigers and Rangers, which is scheduled to get underway right around 8:05 p.m. ET:
DETROIT TIGERS TEXAS RANGERS 1. Austin Jackson, CF 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 2. Ryan Raburn, LF 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 3. Miguel Cabrera, 1B 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 4. Victor Martinez, DH 4. Michael Young, DH 5. Magglio Ordonez, RF 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 6. Alex Avila, C 6. Mike Napoli, C 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 7. Nelson Cruz, RF 8. Ramon Santiago, 2B 8. David Murphy, LF 9. Brandon Inge, 3B 9. Mitch Moreland, 1B SP Justin Verlander, RHP SP C.J. Wilson, LHP
No real surprises in Ron Washington’s lineup. The Rangers will be facing all right-handed starters, so don’t look for much to change throughout the ALCS.
The Tigers, on the other hand, have made some changes. Delmon Young was left off the ALCS roster due to an oblique injury, so Ryan Raburn will take his place in left field and bat second while Miguel Cabrera will move into the No. 3 spot in the order. This is significant, as Cabrera has batted cleanup in all but just one game this season. It may seem like a minor change, but the more at-bats for Miggy, the better. Everybody else simply moves up a spot in the order while Brandon Inge will make a start at third base against the southpaw.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8