Oct 8, 2011, 4:49 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 1 of the ALCS between the Tigers and Rangers, which is scheduled to get underway right around 8:05 p.m. ET:
DETROIT TIGERS TEXAS RANGERS 1. Austin Jackson, CF 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 2. Ryan Raburn, LF 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 3. Miguel Cabrera, 1B 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 4. Victor Martinez, DH 4. Michael Young, DH 5. Magglio Ordonez, RF 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 6. Alex Avila, C 6. Mike Napoli, C 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 7. Nelson Cruz, RF 8. Ramon Santiago, 2B 8. David Murphy, LF 9. Brandon Inge, 3B 9. Mitch Moreland, 1B SP Justin Verlander, RHP SP C.J. Wilson, LHP
No real surprises in Ron Washington’s lineup. The Rangers will be facing all right-handed starters, so don’t look for much to change throughout the ALCS.
The Tigers, on the other hand, have made some changes. Delmon Young was left off the ALCS roster due to an oblique injury, so Ryan Raburn will take his place in left field and bat second while Miguel Cabrera will move into the No. 3 spot in the order. This is significant, as Cabrera has batted cleanup in all but just one game this season. It may seem like a minor change, but the more at-bats for Miggy, the better. Everybody else simply moves up a spot in the order while Brandon Inge will make a start at third base against the southpaw.
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 28
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 2
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 134
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 10
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (142)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)