Oct 8, 2011, 2:43 PM EDT
Incredible but true:
New York 28 – Detroit 16
Tampa Bay 21 – Texas 16
Philadelphia 21 – St. Louis 19
Arizona 25 – Milwaukee 23
Yet the latter teams won 12 games and the formers won seven.
The losing teams also outhomered the winning teams 24-18. And they committed fewer errors than the winning teams, 5-7.
So what did the winning teams do better? Obviously, they won the close ones. The winning teams were 7-1 in one-run games, with Philly having the only one-run victory among the losers.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12