Oct 8, 2011, 1:16 PM EDT
You’ll be shocked to hear this, but Nyjer Morgan was a little excited following his walk-off hit last night against the Diamondbacks.
Moments after driving in Carlos Gomez with the winning run, Sam Ryan of TBS went to interview Morgan for the television broadcast. What was the first thing we heard? “F*** yeah,” said directly into the microphone. Not once, but twice.
I’m not going to embed the video here, but if you haven’t seen it already, go check it out here.
It’s easy to just chalk this up to the emotions of the moment and I wasn’t really offended by it, but perhaps TBS should know better than to stick a hot mic in front of someone who has proven to be a real loose cannon over the years. That being said, Tim Lincecum cursed a couple times during the Giants’ postseason run last year and it barely raised an eyebrow.
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 4
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 7
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 27
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 58
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 78
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (189)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)