Oct 8, 2011, 1:16 PM EST
You’ll be shocked to hear this, but Nyjer Morgan was a little excited following his walk-off hit last night against the Diamondbacks.
Moments after driving in Carlos Gomez with the winning run, Sam Ryan of TBS went to interview Morgan for the television broadcast. What was the first thing we heard? “F*** yeah,” said directly into the microphone. Not once, but twice.
I’m not going to embed the video here, but if you haven’t seen it already, go check it out here.
It’s easy to just chalk this up to the emotions of the moment and I wasn’t really offended by it, but perhaps TBS should know better than to stick a hot mic in front of someone who has proven to be a real loose cannon over the years. That being said, Tim Lincecum cursed a couple times during the Giants’ postseason run last year and it barely raised an eyebrow.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)