Oct 8, 2011, 1:16 PM EDT
You’ll be shocked to hear this, but Nyjer Morgan was a little excited following his walk-off hit last night against the Diamondbacks.
Moments after driving in Carlos Gomez with the winning run, Sam Ryan of TBS went to interview Morgan for the television broadcast. What was the first thing we heard? “F*** yeah,” said directly into the microphone. Not once, but twice.
I’m not going to embed the video here, but if you haven’t seen it already, go check it out here.
It’s easy to just chalk this up to the emotions of the moment and I wasn’t really offended by it, but perhaps TBS should know better than to stick a hot mic in front of someone who has proven to be a real loose cannon over the years. That being said, Tim Lincecum cursed a couple times during the Giants’ postseason run last year and it barely raised an eyebrow.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 50
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)