Oct 8, 2011, 1:16 PM EDT
You’ll be shocked to hear this, but Nyjer Morgan was a little excited following his walk-off hit last night against the Diamondbacks.
Moments after driving in Carlos Gomez with the winning run, Sam Ryan of TBS went to interview Morgan for the television broadcast. What was the first thing we heard? “F*** yeah,” said directly into the microphone. Not once, but twice.
I’m not going to embed the video here, but if you haven’t seen it already, go check it out here.
It’s easy to just chalk this up to the emotions of the moment and I wasn’t really offended by it, but perhaps TBS should know better than to stick a hot mic in front of someone who has proven to be a real loose cannon over the years. That being said, Tim Lincecum cursed a couple times during the Giants’ postseason run last year and it barely raised an eyebrow.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 5
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 30
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 5
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 12
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 101
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)