Oct 8, 2011, 1:16 PM EST
You’ll be shocked to hear this, but Nyjer Morgan was a little excited following his walk-off hit last night against the Diamondbacks.
Moments after driving in Carlos Gomez with the winning run, Sam Ryan of TBS went to interview Morgan for the television broadcast. What was the first thing we heard? “F*** yeah,” said directly into the microphone. Not once, but twice.
I’m not going to embed the video here, but if you haven’t seen it already, go check it out here.
It’s easy to just chalk this up to the emotions of the moment and I wasn’t really offended by it, but perhaps TBS should know better than to stick a hot mic in front of someone who has proven to be a real loose cannon over the years. That being said, Tim Lincecum cursed a couple times during the Giants’ postseason run last year and it barely raised an eyebrow.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 46
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 31
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)