Oct 8, 2011, 3:14 PM EDT
With Yovani Gallardo unavailable after starting Game 5 of the NLDS against the Diamondbacks yesterday, Brewers manager Ron Roenicke has confirmed that Zack Greinke will start Game 1 of the NLCS tomorrow against the Cardinals.
Greinke allowed four runs on eight hits (including three home runs) over five innings in Game 2 of the NLDS. He was warming up during last night’s game and would have pitched the 11th inning if it wasn’t for Nyjer Morgan‘s walkoff single in the bottom of the 10th inning.
The Cardinals haven’t confirmed their rotation yet, but left-hander Jaime Garcia is expected to oppose Greinke tomorrow.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)