Oct 8, 2011, 3:14 PM EST
With Yovani Gallardo unavailable after starting Game 5 of the NLDS against the Diamondbacks yesterday, Brewers manager Ron Roenicke has confirmed that Zack Greinke will start Game 1 of the NLCS tomorrow against the Cardinals.
Greinke allowed four runs on eight hits (including three home runs) over five innings in Game 2 of the NLDS. He was warming up during last night’s game and would have pitched the 11th inning if it wasn’t for Nyjer Morgan‘s walkoff single in the bottom of the 10th inning.
The Cardinals haven’t confirmed their rotation yet, but left-hander Jaime Garcia is expected to oppose Greinke tomorrow.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 255
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (273)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)