Oct 8, 2011, 3:14 PM EDT
With Yovani Gallardo unavailable after starting Game 5 of the NLDS against the Diamondbacks yesterday, Brewers manager Ron Roenicke has confirmed that Zack Greinke will start Game 1 of the NLCS tomorrow against the Cardinals.
Greinke allowed four runs on eight hits (including three home runs) over five innings in Game 2 of the NLDS. He was warming up during last night’s game and would have pitched the 11th inning if it wasn’t for Nyjer Morgan‘s walkoff single in the bottom of the 10th inning.
The Cardinals haven’t confirmed their rotation yet, but left-hander Jaime Garcia is expected to oppose Greinke tomorrow.
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 0
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 10
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 139
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 101
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (139)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)