Oct 8, 2011, 3:14 PM EDT
With Yovani Gallardo unavailable after starting Game 5 of the NLDS against the Diamondbacks yesterday, Brewers manager Ron Roenicke has confirmed that Zack Greinke will start Game 1 of the NLCS tomorrow against the Cardinals.
Greinke allowed four runs on eight hits (including three home runs) over five innings in Game 2 of the NLDS. He was warming up during last night’s game and would have pitched the 11th inning if it wasn’t for Nyjer Morgan‘s walkoff single in the bottom of the 10th inning.
The Cardinals haven’t confirmed their rotation yet, but left-hander Jaime Garcia is expected to oppose Greinke tomorrow.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 0
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 20
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)