Oct 8, 2011, 3:14 PM EDT
With Yovani Gallardo unavailable after starting Game 5 of the NLDS against the Diamondbacks yesterday, Brewers manager Ron Roenicke has confirmed that Zack Greinke will start Game 1 of the NLCS tomorrow against the Cardinals.
Greinke allowed four runs on eight hits (including three home runs) over five innings in Game 2 of the NLDS. He was warming up during last night’s game and would have pitched the 11th inning if it wasn’t for Nyjer Morgan‘s walkoff single in the bottom of the 10th inning.
The Cardinals haven’t confirmed their rotation yet, but left-hander Jaime Garcia is expected to oppose Greinke tomorrow.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 76
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47