Oct 9, 2011, 4:28 PM EST
The NLCS umpiring crew had obviously gotten the memo: the Cardinals and Brewers just don’t like each other very much.
Garcia’s pitch wasn’t necessarily intentional — he got Fielder on the arm — but since the teams have a history and have done some jawing these last two days, home-plate umpire and crew chief Gary Darling decided on the preemptive course of action.
The Cards took a 1-0 lead on Zack Greinke in the top of the first before Braun responded in the bottom of the inning, making it 2-1 Milwaukee.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (92)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)