Oct 9, 2011, 4:28 PM EDT
The NLCS umpiring crew had obviously gotten the memo: the Cardinals and Brewers just don’t like each other very much.
Garcia’s pitch wasn’t necessarily intentional — he got Fielder on the arm — but since the teams have a history and have done some jawing these last two days, home-plate umpire and crew chief Gary Darling decided on the preemptive course of action.
The Cards took a 1-0 lead on Zack Greinke in the top of the first before Braun responded in the bottom of the inning, making it 2-1 Milwaukee.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 64
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 11
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 46
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 47
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)