Oct 9, 2011, 4:28 PM EST
The NLCS umpiring crew had obviously gotten the memo: the Cardinals and Brewers just don’t like each other very much.
Garcia’s pitch wasn’t necessarily intentional — he got Fielder on the arm — but since the teams have a history and have done some jawing these last two days, home-plate umpire and crew chief Gary Darling decided on the preemptive course of action.
The Cards took a 1-0 lead on Zack Greinke in the top of the first before Braun responded in the bottom of the inning, making it 2-1 Milwaukee.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)