Oct 9, 2011, 3:41 PM EDT
Rain, rain — go away. And all that.
According to beat writer Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Sunday night’s Game 2 of the ALCS between the Tigers and Rangers has been officially postponed due to looming thunderstorms in the area surrounding Arlington, Texas. The game will be played Monday at 4:19 p.m. ET and shown on FOX.
Major League Baseball decided to call the game early in order to avoid a situation in which the starting pitchers would be negatively affected. In Game 1, marquee aces Justin Verlander and C.J. Wilson both had to exit prematurely due to the two delays.
The Rangers and Tigers are both expected to keep their ALCS rotations intact despite the changes. Game 2 will feature Max Scherzer vs. Derek Holland, Game 3 will have Colby Lewis vs. Doug Fister and Game 4 will see a matchup of Matt Harrison vs. Rick Porcello. Verlander and Wilson would start a potential Game 5.
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 5
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 29
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 47
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 68
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)