Oct 9, 2011, 3:41 PM EDT
Rain, rain — go away. And all that.
According to beat writer Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Sunday night’s Game 2 of the ALCS between the Tigers and Rangers has been officially postponed due to looming thunderstorms in the area surrounding Arlington, Texas. The game will be played Monday at 4:19 p.m. ET and shown on FOX.
Major League Baseball decided to call the game early in order to avoid a situation in which the starting pitchers would be negatively affected. In Game 1, marquee aces Justin Verlander and C.J. Wilson both had to exit prematurely due to the two delays.
The Rangers and Tigers are both expected to keep their ALCS rotations intact despite the changes. Game 2 will feature Max Scherzer vs. Derek Holland, Game 3 will have Colby Lewis vs. Doug Fister and Game 4 will see a matchup of Matt Harrison vs. Rick Porcello. Verlander and Wilson would start a potential Game 5.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 58
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 74
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 68
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (95)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)