Oct 9, 2011, 3:41 PM EDT
Rain, rain — go away. And all that.
According to beat writer Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Sunday night’s Game 2 of the ALCS between the Tigers and Rangers has been officially postponed due to looming thunderstorms in the area surrounding Arlington, Texas. The game will be played Monday at 4:19 p.m. ET and shown on FOX.
Major League Baseball decided to call the game early in order to avoid a situation in which the starting pitchers would be negatively affected. In Game 1, marquee aces Justin Verlander and C.J. Wilson both had to exit prematurely due to the two delays.
The Rangers and Tigers are both expected to keep their ALCS rotations intact despite the changes. Game 2 will feature Max Scherzer vs. Derek Holland, Game 3 will have Colby Lewis vs. Doug Fister and Game 4 will see a matchup of Matt Harrison vs. Rick Porcello. Verlander and Wilson would start a potential Game 5.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)