Oct 9, 2011, 9:38 AM EST
The Halos are shaking things up in a major way.
From beat writer Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times comes word that the Angels have cut ties with another member of their front office, this time letting go director of player development Abe Flores.
General manager Tony Reagins resigned a couple days after the conclusion of the regular season. The very next week, longtime assistant GM Ken Forsch and special assistant Gary Sutherland were both fired. That’s four front-office executives canned in 10 days. The “Rally Monkey” better watch its back.
Flores was with the Angels for a whole decade, beginning in 2001 as the club’s manager of baseball operations. He was promoted to player development director in ’07 and spent the last four years in that role.
The Angels finished 89-73 this season, 10 games back of the Rangers in the American League West.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 19
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 34
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 146
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)