Oct 9, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
The Brewers made no changes to their 25-man postseason roster heading into Sunday’s NLCS Game 1. The Cardinals were a littler bit busier.
Lynn is finally recovered from a severe oblique strain that cost him the final two months of the regular season, and McClellan is over the dead arm phase that plagued him in late September. Schumaker strained his oblique during Friday night’s thrilling Game 5 victory over the Phillies and probably won’t be available even if the Cardinals advance to the World Series. Westbrook, a starter during the regular season, was not used once in the NLDS.
Asked why he opted not to add a position player (like Tyler Greene) in place of Schumaker, Cards manager Tony La Russa told reporters that he’s aiming to neutralize Milwaukee’s dangerous right-handed bats.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 11
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 70
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)