Oct 9, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
The Brewers made no changes to their 25-man postseason roster heading into Sunday’s NLCS Game 1. The Cardinals were a littler bit busier.
Lynn is finally recovered from a severe oblique strain that cost him the final two months of the regular season, and McClellan is over the dead arm phase that plagued him in late September. Schumaker strained his oblique during Friday night’s thrilling Game 5 victory over the Phillies and probably won’t be available even if the Cardinals advance to the World Series. Westbrook, a starter during the regular season, was not used once in the NLDS.
Asked why he opted not to add a position player (like Tyler Greene) in place of Schumaker, Cards manager Tony La Russa told reporters that he’s aiming to neutralize Milwaukee’s dangerous right-handed bats.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)