Oct 9, 2011, 4:05 PM EDT
Bad news (with terrible timing) for the Tigers.
Ordonez was 5-for-11 with a double and a run scored during the Tigers’ ALDS defeat of the Yankees. He went 0-for-2 with a walk and a strikeout in Saturday night’s ALCS Game 1 loss to the Rangers.
Look for Don Kelly and Ryan Raburn to fill in for Detroit. Both have seen semi-regular action all postseason. Kelly had four hits, including a home run, during the ALDS. Raburn is 3-for-8 in these playoffs.
UPDATE, 6:52pm: Ordonez told MLB.com that his ankle is broken. He’s done for the year.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 70
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 47
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)