Oct 9, 2011, 4:05 PM EDT
Bad news (with terrible timing) for the Tigers.
Ordonez was 5-for-11 with a double and a run scored during the Tigers’ ALDS defeat of the Yankees. He went 0-for-2 with a walk and a strikeout in Saturday night’s ALCS Game 1 loss to the Rangers.
Look for Don Kelly and Ryan Raburn to fill in for Detroit. Both have seen semi-regular action all postseason. Kelly had four hits, including a home run, during the ALDS. Raburn is 3-for-8 in these playoffs.
UPDATE, 6:52pm: Ordonez told MLB.com that his ankle is broken. He’s done for the year.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 99
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 2
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 132
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (132)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)