Oct 9, 2011, 4:05 PM EDT
Bad news (with terrible timing) for the Tigers.
Ordonez was 5-for-11 with a double and a run scored during the Tigers’ ALDS defeat of the Yankees. He went 0-for-2 with a walk and a strikeout in Saturday night’s ALCS Game 1 loss to the Rangers.
Look for Don Kelly and Ryan Raburn to fill in for Detroit. Both have seen semi-regular action all postseason. Kelly had four hits, including a home run, during the ALDS. Raburn is 3-for-8 in these playoffs.
UPDATE, 6:52pm: Ordonez told MLB.com that his ankle is broken. He’s done for the year.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 8
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 14
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 74
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 52
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)