Oct 9, 2011, 1:09 PM EDT
Here are the starting lineups for Game 1 of the NLCS between the Cardinals and Brewers, set to get underway just after 4:00 p.m. ET on TBS:
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS MILWAUKEE BREWERS 1. Rafael Furcal, SS 1. Corey Hart, RF 2. Jon Jay, CF 2. Jerry Hairston Jr., 3B 3. Albert Pujols, 1B 3. Ryan Braun, RF 4. Lance Berkman, RF 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 5. Matt Holliday, LF 5. Rickie Weeks, 2B 6. Yadier Molina, C 6. Yuniesky Betancourt, SS 7. David Freese, 3B 7. Carlos Gomez, CF 8. Ryan Theriot, 2B 8. Jonathan Lucroy, C 9. Jaime Garcia, LHP 9. Zack Greinke, RHP
With Skip Schumaker ruled out for the NLCS due to a strained oblique muscle, the Cardinals are likely to rotate Theriot and Nick Punto at second base. Theriot, the better offensive option, gets the start in Game 1.
The Brewers will be looking for more production out of Weeks, who went 1-for-18 in Milwaukee’s NLDS defeat of the Diamondbacks. He remains in the heart of the lineup. Nyjer Morgan, for all his yapping, will open Game 1 on the bench because he struggles against left-handed pitchers. Gomez gets the start in center field.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (108)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)