Oct 9, 2011, 5:13 PM EDT
The Tigers were forced to use two of their starting pitchers in Saturday night’s rain-ravaged Game 1 loss to the Rangers, and they just had Game 2 postponed, but they’re not going to let any of that affect their mapped-out ALCS rotation.
Verlander only threw 82 pitches in Game 1, which featured two separate rain delays, so there was some thought that the Tigers might bump him up. But manager Jim Leyland has maintained that he will not pitch the hard-throwing 28-year-old on short rest.
Porcello threw 22 pitches on Saturday night, but he should recover fully before his Wednesday outing.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 21
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 117
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)