Oct 9, 2011, 5:13 PM EST
The Tigers were forced to use two of their starting pitchers in Saturday night’s rain-ravaged Game 1 loss to the Rangers, and they just had Game 2 postponed, but they’re not going to let any of that affect their mapped-out ALCS rotation.
Verlander only threw 82 pitches in Game 1, which featured two separate rain delays, so there was some thought that the Tigers might bump him up. But manager Jim Leyland has maintained that he will not pitch the hard-throwing 28-year-old on short rest.
Porcello threw 22 pitches on Saturday night, but he should recover fully before his Wednesday outing.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)