Oct 9, 2011, 5:13 PM EDT
The Tigers were forced to use two of their starting pitchers in Saturday night’s rain-ravaged Game 1 loss to the Rangers, and they just had Game 2 postponed, but they’re not going to let any of that affect their mapped-out ALCS rotation.
Verlander only threw 82 pitches in Game 1, which featured two separate rain delays, so there was some thought that the Tigers might bump him up. But manager Jim Leyland has maintained that he will not pitch the hard-throwing 28-year-old on short rest.
Porcello threw 22 pitches on Saturday night, but he should recover fully before his Wednesday outing.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)