Oct 9, 2011, 12:23 PM EDT
Game 1 of the ALCS Saturday night in Arlington, Texas featured nearly two hours of rain delays.
Game 2 on Sunday could see much of the same.
According to Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com, there’s a 60 to 70 percent chance of thunderstorms Sunday night in the Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington area and the ALCS umpiring crew has been made aware that pauses in action may be necessary.
If the game has to be suspended or can’t be fit in at all, the Rangers and Tigers will lose their scheduled Monday off-day in order to fit the contest in before the two teams fly to Detroit for Game 3 Tuesday.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)