Oct 9, 2011, 12:23 PM EST
Game 1 of the ALCS Saturday night in Arlington, Texas featured nearly two hours of rain delays.
Game 2 on Sunday could see much of the same.
According to Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com, there’s a 60 to 70 percent chance of thunderstorms Sunday night in the Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington area and the ALCS umpiring crew has been made aware that pauses in action may be necessary.
If the game has to be suspended or can’t be fit in at all, the Rangers and Tigers will lose their scheduled Monday off-day in order to fit the contest in before the two teams fly to Detroit for Game 3 Tuesday.
- Blue Jays acquire Josh Donaldson in a trade with the Athletics 26
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)