Oct 9, 2011, 12:23 PM EDT
Game 1 of the ALCS Saturday night in Arlington, Texas featured nearly two hours of rain delays.
Game 2 on Sunday could see much of the same.
According to Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com, there’s a 60 to 70 percent chance of thunderstorms Sunday night in the Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington area and the ALCS umpiring crew has been made aware that pauses in action may be necessary.
If the game has to be suspended or can’t be fit in at all, the Rangers and Tigers will lose their scheduled Monday off-day in order to fit the contest in before the two teams fly to Detroit for Game 3 Tuesday.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)