Oct 9, 2011, 6:05 PM EDT
Braun and Fielder had combined to drive in all six Brewers runs until Betancourt homered with Rickie Weeks on base. Fielder’s shot, which gave Milwaukee a 6-5 lead, knocked Cardinals starter Jaime Garcia out of the game. Betancourt’s homer came off reliever Octavio Dotel.
The Brewers scored their six runs in the fifth before even one out was recorded.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 21
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)