Oct 9, 2011, 6:05 PM EDT
Braun and Fielder had combined to drive in all six Brewers runs until Betancourt homered with Rickie Weeks on base. Fielder’s shot, which gave Milwaukee a 6-5 lead, knocked Cardinals starter Jaime Garcia out of the game. Betancourt’s homer came off reliever Octavio Dotel.
The Brewers scored their six runs in the fifth before even one out was recorded.
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 0
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 23
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 9
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 34
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)