Oct 9, 2011, 6:05 PM EDT
Braun and Fielder had combined to drive in all six Brewers runs until Betancourt homered with Rickie Weeks on base. Fielder’s shot, which gave Milwaukee a 6-5 lead, knocked Cardinals starter Jaime Garcia out of the game. Betancourt’s homer came off reliever Octavio Dotel.
The Brewers scored their six runs in the fifth before even one out was recorded.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)