Oct 10, 2011, 4:06 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 2 of the Tigers-Rangers series:
DETROIT TIGERS TEXAS RANGERS 1. Austin Jackson, CF 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 2. Ramon Santiago, 2B 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 3. Delmon Young, LF 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 4. Miguel Cabrera, 1B 4. Michael Young, DH 5. Victor Martinez, DH 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 6. Ryan Raburn, RF 6. Mike Napoli, C 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 7. Nelson Cruz, RF 8. Alex Avila, C 8. David Murphy, LF 9. Brandon Inge, 3B 9. Mitch Moreland, 1B SP Max Scherzer, RHP SP Derek Holland, LHP
Not only is Delmon Young back on the Tigers’ roster after initially being removed because of an oblique injury, he’s starting in left field and batting third. That’s either one helluva miraculous recovery or Jim Leyland really hates to make changes. With a left-hander on the mound Brandon Inge gets the nod at third base and Ryan Raburn starts over Don Kelly.
On the flip side Ron Washington is sticking with the same lineup and batting order against Max Scherzer that he used versus fellow right-hander Justin Verlander in Game 1.
UPDATE: Jason Beck of MLB.com reports that Leyland has two lineups ready, so Young will be a game-time decision and Andy Dirks will start if he can’t go.
UPDATE #2: Young apparently checked out OK during batting practice, so he’s starting.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 0
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 4
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (128)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)