Oct 10, 2011, 4:06 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 2 of the Tigers-Rangers series:
DETROIT TIGERS TEXAS RANGERS 1. Austin Jackson, CF 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 2. Ramon Santiago, 2B 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 3. Delmon Young, LF 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 4. Miguel Cabrera, 1B 4. Michael Young, DH 5. Victor Martinez, DH 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 6. Ryan Raburn, RF 6. Mike Napoli, C 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 7. Nelson Cruz, RF 8. Alex Avila, C 8. David Murphy, LF 9. Brandon Inge, 3B 9. Mitch Moreland, 1B SP Max Scherzer, RHP SP Derek Holland, LHP
Not only is Delmon Young back on the Tigers’ roster after initially being removed because of an oblique injury, he’s starting in left field and batting third. That’s either one helluva miraculous recovery or Jim Leyland really hates to make changes. With a left-hander on the mound Brandon Inge gets the nod at third base and Ryan Raburn starts over Don Kelly.
On the flip side Ron Washington is sticking with the same lineup and batting order against Max Scherzer that he used versus fellow right-hander Justin Verlander in Game 1.
UPDATE: Jason Beck of MLB.com reports that Leyland has two lineups ready, so Young will be a game-time decision and Andy Dirks will start if he can’t go.
UPDATE #2: Young apparently checked out OK during batting practice, so he’s starting.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)