Oct 10, 2011, 4:06 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 2 of the Tigers-Rangers series:
DETROIT TIGERS TEXAS RANGERS 1. Austin Jackson, CF 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 2. Ramon Santiago, 2B 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 3. Delmon Young, LF 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 4. Miguel Cabrera, 1B 4. Michael Young, DH 5. Victor Martinez, DH 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 6. Ryan Raburn, RF 6. Mike Napoli, C 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 7. Nelson Cruz, RF 8. Alex Avila, C 8. David Murphy, LF 9. Brandon Inge, 3B 9. Mitch Moreland, 1B SP Max Scherzer, RHP SP Derek Holland, LHP
Not only is Delmon Young back on the Tigers’ roster after initially being removed because of an oblique injury, he’s starting in left field and batting third. That’s either one helluva miraculous recovery or Jim Leyland really hates to make changes. With a left-hander on the mound Brandon Inge gets the nod at third base and Ryan Raburn starts over Don Kelly.
On the flip side Ron Washington is sticking with the same lineup and batting order against Max Scherzer that he used versus fellow right-hander Justin Verlander in Game 1.
UPDATE: Jason Beck of MLB.com reports that Leyland has two lineups ready, so Young will be a game-time decision and Andy Dirks will start if he can’t go.
UPDATE #2: Young apparently checked out OK during batting practice, so he’s starting.
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 9
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 1
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Numbers game: Tigers fall victim to baseball’s speed obsession 45
- Twins prospect Byron Buxton done for season after concussion 3
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. 74
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)