Oct 10, 2011, 4:06 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 2 of the Tigers-Rangers series:
DETROIT TIGERS TEXAS RANGERS 1. Austin Jackson, CF 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 2. Ramon Santiago, 2B 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 3. Delmon Young, LF 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 4. Miguel Cabrera, 1B 4. Michael Young, DH 5. Victor Martinez, DH 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 6. Ryan Raburn, RF 6. Mike Napoli, C 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 7. Nelson Cruz, RF 8. Alex Avila, C 8. David Murphy, LF 9. Brandon Inge, 3B 9. Mitch Moreland, 1B SP Max Scherzer, RHP SP Derek Holland, LHP
Not only is Delmon Young back on the Tigers’ roster after initially being removed because of an oblique injury, he’s starting in left field and batting third. That’s either one helluva miraculous recovery or Jim Leyland really hates to make changes. With a left-hander on the mound Brandon Inge gets the nod at third base and Ryan Raburn starts over Don Kelly.
On the flip side Ron Washington is sticking with the same lineup and batting order against Max Scherzer that he used versus fellow right-hander Justin Verlander in Game 1.
UPDATE: Jason Beck of MLB.com reports that Leyland has two lineups ready, so Young will be a game-time decision and Andy Dirks will start if he can’t go.
UPDATE #2: Young apparently checked out OK during batting practice, so he’s starting.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 4
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 90
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 70
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 43
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (83)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)