Oct 10, 2011, 4:06 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 2 of the Tigers-Rangers series:
DETROIT TIGERS TEXAS RANGERS 1. Austin Jackson, CF 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 2. Ramon Santiago, 2B 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 3. Delmon Young, LF 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 4. Miguel Cabrera, 1B 4. Michael Young, DH 5. Victor Martinez, DH 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 6. Ryan Raburn, RF 6. Mike Napoli, C 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 7. Nelson Cruz, RF 8. Alex Avila, C 8. David Murphy, LF 9. Brandon Inge, 3B 9. Mitch Moreland, 1B SP Max Scherzer, RHP SP Derek Holland, LHP
Not only is Delmon Young back on the Tigers’ roster after initially being removed because of an oblique injury, he’s starting in left field and batting third. That’s either one helluva miraculous recovery or Jim Leyland really hates to make changes. With a left-hander on the mound Brandon Inge gets the nod at third base and Ryan Raburn starts over Don Kelly.
On the flip side Ron Washington is sticking with the same lineup and batting order against Max Scherzer that he used versus fellow right-hander Justin Verlander in Game 1.
UPDATE: Jason Beck of MLB.com reports that Leyland has two lineups ready, so Young will be a game-time decision and Andy Dirks will start if he can’t go.
UPDATE #2: Young apparently checked out OK during batting practice, so he’s starting.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 12
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 156
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39