Oct 10, 2011, 6:58 PM EST
According to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, an MRI on Heyward’s shoulder came back negative. The 22-year-old missed four weeks during the first half of the season due to recurring soreness, an injury which likely contributed to his disappointing sophomore campaign. While tests haven’t revealed anything serious, he’ll be placed on a ”maintenance and stretching program” to help strengthen the shoulder.
After finishing as the runner-up to Giants’ catcher Buster Posey for National League Rookie of the Year in 2010, Heyward batted just .227/.319/.389 with 14 home runs, 42 RBI and a .708 OPS over 454 plate appearances this season.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)