Oct 10, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 2 of the Cardinals-Brewers series:
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS MILWAUKEE BREWERS 1. Rafael Furcal, SS 1. Corey Hart, RF 2. Jon Jay, CF 2. Nyjer Morgan, CF 3. Albert Pujols, 1B 3. Ryan Braun, LF 4. Matt Holliday, LF 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 5. Lance Berkman, RF 5. Rickie Weeks, 2B 6. Yadier Molina, C 6. Jerry Hairston, 3B 7. David Freese, 3B 7. Yuniesky Betancourt, SS 8. Nick Punto, 2B 8. Jonathan Lucroy, C SP Edwin Jackson, RHP SP Shaun Marcum, RHP
After facing a left-hander in Game 1 the Brewers switch up the lineup to their standard alignment versus right-handers, which means Carlos Gomez to the bench, Nyjer Morgan in center field and batting second, and Jerry Hairston sliding down from No. 2 to No. 6.
St. Louis is shaking things up even further despite facing a right-hander in Game 1, as Tony La Russa has flip-flopped Matt Holliday and Lance Berkman in the cleanup spot behind Albert Pujols while starting Nick Punto over Ryan Theriot at second base.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)