Oct 10, 2011, 1:33 PM EDT
Several writers covering the Tigers-Rangers series just tweeted this gem from Jim Leyland, who was asked about yesterday’s no-rain rain postponement:
“If somebody buys an umbrella down here, then they cancel school.”
Dude, that rain delay just gave Max Scherzer an extra day of rest after his little bullpen stint against the Yankees on Thursday. Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth.
UPDATE: OK, he’s not looking a gift horse in the mouth. Just admitted that the rain may have helped the Tigers more than the Rangers due to the Scherzer thing and by giving Delmon Young‘s oblique an extra day’s rest.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)