Oct 10, 2011, 1:33 PM EST
Several writers covering the Tigers-Rangers series just tweeted this gem from Jim Leyland, who was asked about yesterday’s no-rain rain postponement:
”If somebody buys an umbrella down here, then they cancel school.”
Dude, that rain delay just gave Max Scherzer an extra day of rest after his little bullpen stint against the Yankees on Thursday. Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth.
UPDATE: OK, he’s not looking a gift horse in the mouth. Just admitted that the rain may have helped the Tigers more than the Rangers due to the Scherzer thing and by giving Delmon Young‘s oblique an extra day’s rest.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 31
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 37
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)