Oct 10, 2011, 5:57 AM EST
I woke up this morning and had an email from a reader who lives fairly close to the Rangers’ ballpark and tells me that it never rained last night. At least not before the Tigers-Rangers game that was postponed due to the threat of rain would have been over.
Oh well, that’s life. And weather.
And I figure that it’s better to have banged the game a bit prematurely than to have had a repeat of the situation in which the Tigers and Yankees found themselves a week ago Friday where they lost their starting pitchers after a couple of innings. The elimination of a travel day is a fair price to pay for that. I mean, it’s not like there aren’t a bunch of days in the regular season where two teams play a game a day after traveling. And let us not forget that the cancellation let us all watch the “Breaking Bad” season finale when it aired rather than recording it to watch today. In other news, I believe in Harvey Dent.
Scherzer vs. Holland at 4:19 PM Eastern time. Mid-70s and sunshine are forecast. So yeah, bring an umbrella.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 71
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 40
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 22
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)