Oct 10, 2011, 5:57 AM EDT
I woke up this morning and had an email from a reader who lives fairly close to the Rangers’ ballpark and tells me that it never rained last night. At least not before the Tigers-Rangers game that was postponed due to the threat of rain would have been over.
Oh well, that’s life. And weather.
And I figure that it’s better to have banged the game a bit prematurely than to have had a repeat of the situation in which the Tigers and Yankees found themselves a week ago Friday where they lost their starting pitchers after a couple of innings. The elimination of a travel day is a fair price to pay for that. I mean, it’s not like there aren’t a bunch of days in the regular season where two teams play a game a day after traveling. And let us not forget that the cancellation let us all watch the “Breaking Bad” season finale when it aired rather than recording it to watch today. In other news, I believe in Harvey Dent.
Scherzer vs. Holland at 4:19 PM Eastern time. Mid-70s and sunshine are forecast. So yeah, bring an umbrella.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)