Oct 10, 2011, 5:57 AM EDT
I woke up this morning and had an email from a reader who lives fairly close to the Rangers’ ballpark and tells me that it never rained last night. At least not before the Tigers-Rangers game that was postponed due to the threat of rain would have been over.
Oh well, that’s life. And weather.
And I figure that it’s better to have banged the game a bit prematurely than to have had a repeat of the situation in which the Tigers and Yankees found themselves a week ago Friday where they lost their starting pitchers after a couple of innings. The elimination of a travel day is a fair price to pay for that. I mean, it’s not like there aren’t a bunch of days in the regular season where two teams play a game a day after traveling. And let us not forget that the cancellation let us all watch the “Breaking Bad” season finale when it aired rather than recording it to watch today. In other news, I believe in Harvey Dent.
Scherzer vs. Holland at 4:19 PM Eastern time. Mid-70s and sunshine are forecast. So yeah, bring an umbrella.
- Miguel Cabrera ties Hank Greenberg with 331st career homer 4
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 13
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 9
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 5
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 2
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles