Oct 10, 2011, 5:57 AM EDT
I woke up this morning and had an email from a reader who lives fairly close to the Rangers’ ballpark and tells me that it never rained last night. At least not before the Tigers-Rangers game that was postponed due to the threat of rain would have been over.
Oh well, that’s life. And weather.
And I figure that it’s better to have banged the game a bit prematurely than to have had a repeat of the situation in which the Tigers and Yankees found themselves a week ago Friday where they lost their starting pitchers after a couple of innings. The elimination of a travel day is a fair price to pay for that. I mean, it’s not like there aren’t a bunch of days in the regular season where two teams play a game a day after traveling. And let us not forget that the cancellation let us all watch the “Breaking Bad” season finale when it aired rather than recording it to watch today. In other news, I believe in Harvey Dent.
Scherzer vs. Holland at 4:19 PM Eastern time. Mid-70s and sunshine are forecast. So yeah, bring an umbrella.
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 9
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 18
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 35
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 18
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)