Oct 11, 2011, 5:01 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 3 of the Rangers-Tigers series tonight:
TEXAS RANGERS DETROIT TIGERS 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 1. Austin Jackson, CF 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 2. Ramon Santiago, 2B 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 3. Miguel Cabrera, 1B 4. Michael Young, 1B 4. Victor Martinez, DH 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 5. Don Kelly, 3B 6. Mike Napoli, DH 6. Jhonny Peralta, SS 7. Nelson Cruz, RF 7. Alex Avila, C 8. Yorvit Torrealba, C 8. Ryan Raburn, LF 9. Endy Chavez, LF 9. Andy Dirks, RF SP Colby Lewis, RHP SP Doug Fister, RHP
As expected slumping first baseman Mitch Moreland is on the bench, with Michael Young moving to first base, Mike Napoli going from catcher to designated hitter, and Yorvit Torrealba starting behind the plate for the first time since Game 1 of the ALDS. And instead of going with David Murphy in left field Ron Washington has decided to give Endy Chavez his first start–and first game action, period–of the playoffs.
Despite going 0-for-4 in Game 2 and looking even more awkward than usual defensively while playing through his oblique injury Delmon Young was initially in tonight’s lineup, but Jason Beck of MLB.com reports that he’s a late scratch. Jim Leyland either came to his senses or Young threw in the towel, but either way Andy Dirks is starting in Young’s place.
Young was hitting third, but the updated lineup has Miguel Cabrera there and Victor Martinez hitting cleanup. Leyland also benched Brandon Inge in favor of Don Kelly at third base with right-hander Colby Lewis on the mound, hitting Kelly fifth.
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 3
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 15
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 37
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 10
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 53
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 87
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)