Oct 11, 2011, 5:01 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 3 of the Rangers-Tigers series tonight:
TEXAS RANGERS DETROIT TIGERS 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 1. Austin Jackson, CF 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 2. Ramon Santiago, 2B 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 3. Miguel Cabrera, 1B 4. Michael Young, 1B 4. Victor Martinez, DH 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 5. Don Kelly, 3B 6. Mike Napoli, DH 6. Jhonny Peralta, SS 7. Nelson Cruz, RF 7. Alex Avila, C 8. Yorvit Torrealba, C 8. Ryan Raburn, LF 9. Endy Chavez, LF 9. Andy Dirks, RF SP Colby Lewis, RHP SP Doug Fister, RHP
As expected slumping first baseman Mitch Moreland is on the bench, with Michael Young moving to first base, Mike Napoli going from catcher to designated hitter, and Yorvit Torrealba starting behind the plate for the first time since Game 1 of the ALDS. And instead of going with David Murphy in left field Ron Washington has decided to give Endy Chavez his first start–and first game action, period–of the playoffs.
Despite going 0-for-4 in Game 2 and looking even more awkward than usual defensively while playing through his oblique injury Delmon Young was initially in tonight’s lineup, but Jason Beck of MLB.com reports that he’s a late scratch. Jim Leyland either came to his senses or Young threw in the towel, but either way Andy Dirks is starting in Young’s place.
Young was hitting third, but the updated lineup has Miguel Cabrera there and Victor Martinez hitting cleanup. Leyland also benched Brandon Inge in favor of Don Kelly at third base with right-hander Colby Lewis on the mound, hitting Kelly fifth.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (182)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)