Oct 11, 2011, 5:01 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 3 of the Rangers-Tigers series tonight:
TEXAS RANGERS DETROIT TIGERS 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 1. Austin Jackson, CF 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 2. Ramon Santiago, 2B 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 3. Miguel Cabrera, 1B 4. Michael Young, 1B 4. Victor Martinez, DH 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 5. Don Kelly, 3B 6. Mike Napoli, DH 6. Jhonny Peralta, SS 7. Nelson Cruz, RF 7. Alex Avila, C 8. Yorvit Torrealba, C 8. Ryan Raburn, LF 9. Endy Chavez, LF 9. Andy Dirks, RF SP Colby Lewis, RHP SP Doug Fister, RHP
As expected slumping first baseman Mitch Moreland is on the bench, with Michael Young moving to first base, Mike Napoli going from catcher to designated hitter, and Yorvit Torrealba starting behind the plate for the first time since Game 1 of the ALDS. And instead of going with David Murphy in left field Ron Washington has decided to give Endy Chavez his first start–and first game action, period–of the playoffs.
Despite going 0-for-4 in Game 2 and looking even more awkward than usual defensively while playing through his oblique injury Delmon Young was initially in tonight’s lineup, but Jason Beck of MLB.com reports that he’s a late scratch. Jim Leyland either came to his senses or Young threw in the towel, but either way Andy Dirks is starting in Young’s place.
Young was hitting third, but the updated lineup has Miguel Cabrera there and Victor Martinez hitting cleanup. Leyland also benched Brandon Inge in favor of Don Kelly at third base with right-hander Colby Lewis on the mound, hitting Kelly fifth.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)