Oct 11, 2011, 5:01 PM EST
Here are the lineups for Game 3 of the Rangers-Tigers series tonight:
TEXAS RANGERS DETROIT TIGERS 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 1. Austin Jackson, CF 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 2. Ramon Santiago, 2B 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 3. Miguel Cabrera, 1B 4. Michael Young, 1B 4. Victor Martinez, DH 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 5. Don Kelly, 3B 6. Mike Napoli, DH 6. Jhonny Peralta, SS 7. Nelson Cruz, RF 7. Alex Avila, C 8. Yorvit Torrealba, C 8. Ryan Raburn, LF 9. Endy Chavez, LF 9. Andy Dirks, RF SP Colby Lewis, RHP SP Doug Fister, RHP
As expected slumping first baseman Mitch Moreland is on the bench, with Michael Young moving to first base, Mike Napoli going from catcher to designated hitter, and Yorvit Torrealba starting behind the plate for the first time since Game 1 of the ALDS. And instead of going with David Murphy in left field Ron Washington has decided to give Endy Chavez his first start–and first game action, period–of the playoffs.
Despite going 0-for-4 in Game 2 and looking even more awkward than usual defensively while playing through his oblique injury Delmon Young was initially in tonight’s lineup, but Jason Beck of MLB.com reports that he’s a late scratch. Jim Leyland either came to his senses or Young threw in the towel, but either way Andy Dirks is starting in Young’s place.
Young was hitting third, but the updated lineup has Miguel Cabrera there and Victor Martinez hitting cleanup. Leyland also benched Brandon Inge in favor of Don Kelly at third base with right-hander Colby Lewis on the mound, hitting Kelly fifth.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (123)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)