Oct 11, 2011, 5:01 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 3 of the Rangers-Tigers series tonight:
TEXAS RANGERS DETROIT TIGERS 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 1. Austin Jackson, CF 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 2. Ramon Santiago, 2B 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 3. Miguel Cabrera, 1B 4. Michael Young, 1B 4. Victor Martinez, DH 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 5. Don Kelly, 3B 6. Mike Napoli, DH 6. Jhonny Peralta, SS 7. Nelson Cruz, RF 7. Alex Avila, C 8. Yorvit Torrealba, C 8. Ryan Raburn, LF 9. Endy Chavez, LF 9. Andy Dirks, RF SP Colby Lewis, RHP SP Doug Fister, RHP
As expected slumping first baseman Mitch Moreland is on the bench, with Michael Young moving to first base, Mike Napoli going from catcher to designated hitter, and Yorvit Torrealba starting behind the plate for the first time since Game 1 of the ALDS. And instead of going with David Murphy in left field Ron Washington has decided to give Endy Chavez his first start–and first game action, period–of the playoffs.
Despite going 0-for-4 in Game 2 and looking even more awkward than usual defensively while playing through his oblique injury Delmon Young was initially in tonight’s lineup, but Jason Beck of MLB.com reports that he’s a late scratch. Jim Leyland either came to his senses or Young threw in the towel, but either way Andy Dirks is starting in Young’s place.
Young was hitting third, but the updated lineup has Miguel Cabrera there and Victor Martinez hitting cleanup. Leyland also benched Brandon Inge in favor of Don Kelly at third base with right-hander Colby Lewis on the mound, hitting Kelly fifth.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 5
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 8
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 8
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)