Oct 11, 2011, 2:24 PM EST
This afternoon the White Sox officially introduced Robin Ventura as their new manager and Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune reports that he signed a three-year contract that runs through 2014.
Ozzie Guillen had one season remaining on his contract with the White Sox, but received a four-year, $10 million extension from the Marlins.
Asked about his managing style, Ventura said:
Just being truthful, being upfront, honest and fair, really. I think everybody’s accountable and as being a player, guys like that. Guys know what to expect, they like that. As a manager, I don’t change day-to-day, and I think that’d be part of the draw. I’m pretty much the same every day, and they’ll know what to expect.
Of course, that’s all just in theory since Ventura has yet to actually manage anywhere.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 32
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 377
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (377)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)