Oct 11, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Ernie Johnson is TBS’ first-team baseball guy, but he’s been absent from this postseason due to his son’s illness. Today’s USA Today has a story detailing what Johnson and his family are dealing with. It’s heart-aching stuff.
Keep a thought in your heart for Johnson and his family.
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 12
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 24
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 25
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 58
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)