Oct 11, 2011, 6:48 PM EDT
According to Buster Olney of ESPN.com, the Orioles are considering a lengthy list of high-profile executives for their general manager vacancy.
This list includes former Diamondbacks GM and current Padres VP Josh Byrnes, former Astros GM and current Rays’ senior VP Gerry Hunsicker, former Blue Jays GM and current Mets’ assistant GM J.P Ricciardi, Rangers assistant GM Thad Levine, Blue Jays assistant GM Tony LaCava and Marlins assistant GM Dan Jennings.
Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com confirms that Byrnes, Ricciardi, Levine, LaCava and Jennings are on the Orioles’ short list, but notes that Hunsicker is not. However, the Orioles haven’t sought permission to interview any of the candidates involved. And with the Rangers currently up 2-0 on the Tigers in the ALCS, the O’s may have to wait a little while to talk to Levine.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)