Oct 11, 2011, 6:48 PM EDT
According to Buster Olney of ESPN.com, the Orioles are considering a lengthy list of high-profile executives for their general manager vacancy.
This list includes former Diamondbacks GM and current Padres VP Josh Byrnes, former Astros GM and current Rays’ senior VP Gerry Hunsicker, former Blue Jays GM and current Mets’ assistant GM J.P Ricciardi, Rangers assistant GM Thad Levine, Blue Jays assistant GM Tony LaCava and Marlins assistant GM Dan Jennings.
Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com confirms that Byrnes, Ricciardi, Levine, LaCava and Jennings are on the Orioles’ short list, but notes that Hunsicker is not. However, the Orioles haven’t sought permission to interview any of the candidates involved. And with the Rangers currently up 2-0 on the Tigers in the ALCS, the O’s may have to wait a little while to talk to Levine.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)