Oct 11, 2011, 6:48 PM EDT
According to Buster Olney of ESPN.com, the Orioles are considering a lengthy list of high-profile executives for their general manager vacancy.
This list includes former Diamondbacks GM and current Padres VP Josh Byrnes, former Astros GM and current Rays’ senior VP Gerry Hunsicker, former Blue Jays GM and current Mets’ assistant GM J.P Ricciardi, Rangers assistant GM Thad Levine, Blue Jays assistant GM Tony LaCava and Marlins assistant GM Dan Jennings.
Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com confirms that Byrnes, Ricciardi, Levine, LaCava and Jennings are on the Orioles’ short list, but notes that Hunsicker is not. However, the Orioles haven’t sought permission to interview any of the candidates involved. And with the Rangers currently up 2-0 on the Tigers in the ALCS, the O’s may have to wait a little while to talk to Levine.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 3
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 23
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 13
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 183
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (185)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)