Oct 11, 2011, 6:48 PM EDT
According to Buster Olney of ESPN.com, the Orioles are considering a lengthy list of high-profile executives for their general manager vacancy.
This list includes former Diamondbacks GM and current Padres VP Josh Byrnes, former Astros GM and current Rays’ senior VP Gerry Hunsicker, former Blue Jays GM and current Mets’ assistant GM J.P Ricciardi, Rangers assistant GM Thad Levine, Blue Jays assistant GM Tony LaCava and Marlins assistant GM Dan Jennings.
Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com confirms that Byrnes, Ricciardi, Levine, LaCava and Jennings are on the Orioles’ short list, but notes that Hunsicker is not. However, the Orioles haven’t sought permission to interview any of the candidates involved. And with the Rangers currently up 2-0 on the Tigers in the ALCS, the O’s may have to wait a little while to talk to Levine.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 18
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)