Oct 11, 2011, 6:48 PM EDT
According to Buster Olney of ESPN.com, the Orioles are considering a lengthy list of high-profile executives for their general manager vacancy.
This list includes former Diamondbacks GM and current Padres VP Josh Byrnes, former Astros GM and current Rays’ senior VP Gerry Hunsicker, former Blue Jays GM and current Mets’ assistant GM J.P Ricciardi, Rangers assistant GM Thad Levine, Blue Jays assistant GM Tony LaCava and Marlins assistant GM Dan Jennings.
Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com confirms that Byrnes, Ricciardi, Levine, LaCava and Jennings are on the Orioles’ short list, but notes that Hunsicker is not. However, the Orioles haven’t sought permission to interview any of the candidates involved. And with the Rangers currently up 2-0 on the Tigers in the ALCS, the O’s may have to wait a little while to talk to Levine.
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 0
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 22
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)