Oct 12, 2011, 5:54 PM EST
UPDATE: It’s damp in Detroit, but Game 4 of the ALCS is officially underway.
5:54 PM: We not have a start time of 6:30. It has stopped raining, so this may actually be a go.
4:50 PM: Now it’s set for 5:45. And by “set” I mean “that’s as good a guess as they got right now.”
4:21 PM: Game 4 of the ALCS was supposed to get underway at 4:15pm. As you have seen if you have access to a TV, the game is not happening. Rain, rain, rain.
Right now they’re estimating a first pitch at 5:15 PM. There’s a chance of rain throughout the evening, however, so this one may take a while even if it does get underway then.
Think dry thoughts, people. In the meantime:
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 31
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)