Oct 12, 2011, 5:54 PM EDT
UPDATE: It’s damp in Detroit, but Game 4 of the ALCS is officially underway.
5:54 PM: We not have a start time of 6:30. It has stopped raining, so this may actually be a go.
4:50 PM: Now it’s set for 5:45. And by “set” I mean “that’s as good a guess as they got right now.”
4:21 PM: Game 4 of the ALCS was supposed to get underway at 4:15pm. As you have seen if you have access to a TV, the game is not happening. Rain, rain, rain.
Right now they’re estimating a first pitch at 5:15 PM. There’s a chance of rain throughout the evening, however, so this one may take a while even if it does get underway then.
Think dry thoughts, people. In the meantime:
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 0
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 3
- The beauty of belief 30
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 36
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 74
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)