Oct 12, 2011, 5:54 PM EDT
UPDATE: It’s damp in Detroit, but Game 4 of the ALCS is officially underway.
5:54 PM: We not have a start time of 6:30. It has stopped raining, so this may actually be a go.
4:50 PM: Now it’s set for 5:45. And by “set” I mean “that’s as good a guess as they got right now.”
4:21 PM: Game 4 of the ALCS was supposed to get underway at 4:15pm. As you have seen if you have access to a TV, the game is not happening. Rain, rain, rain.
Right now they’re estimating a first pitch at 5:15 PM. There’s a chance of rain throughout the evening, however, so this one may take a while even if it does get underway then.
Think dry thoughts, people. In the meantime:
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)