Oct 12, 2011, 5:54 PM EDT
UPDATE: It’s damp in Detroit, but Game 4 of the ALCS is officially underway.
5:54 PM: We not have a start time of 6:30. It has stopped raining, so this may actually be a go.
4:50 PM: Now it’s set for 5:45. And by “set” I mean “that’s as good a guess as they got right now.”
4:21 PM: Game 4 of the ALCS was supposed to get underway at 4:15pm. As you have seen if you have access to a TV, the game is not happening. Rain, rain, rain.
Right now they’re estimating a first pitch at 5:15 PM. There’s a chance of rain throughout the evening, however, so this one may take a while even if it does get underway then.
Think dry thoughts, people. In the meantime:
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 26
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 25
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 33
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (122)