Oct 12, 2011, 5:54 PM EDT
UPDATE: It’s damp in Detroit, but Game 4 of the ALCS is officially underway.
5:54 PM: We not have a start time of 6:30. It has stopped raining, so this may actually be a go.
4:50 PM: Now it’s set for 5:45. And by “set” I mean “that’s as good a guess as they got right now.”
4:21 PM: Game 4 of the ALCS was supposed to get underway at 4:15pm. As you have seen if you have access to a TV, the game is not happening. Rain, rain, rain.
Right now they’re estimating a first pitch at 5:15 PM. There’s a chance of rain throughout the evening, however, so this one may take a while even if it does get underway then.
Think dry thoughts, people. In the meantime:
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 13
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 217
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 140
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (220)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (140)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)