Oct 12, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 4 of the Rangers-Tigers series:
TEXAS RANGERS DETROIT TIGERS 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 1. Austin Jackson, CF 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 2. Ryan Raburn, RF 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 3. Miguel Cabrera, 1B 4. Michael Young, 1B 4. Victor Martinez, DH 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 5. Delmon Young, LF 6. Mike Napoli, C 6. Alex Avila, C 7. Nelson Cruz, RF 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 8. David Murphy, LF 8. Ramon Santiago, 2B 9. Yorvit Torrealba, DH 9. Brandon Inge, 3B SP Matt Harrison, LHP SP Rick Porcello, RHP
Yorvit Torrealba made just his second start of the playoffs behind the plate last night as Mike Napoli moved to designated hitter to get a game off from catching, but today Napoli is back at catcher and Torrealba stays in the lineup at DH despite a .309 on-base percentage and .399 slugging percentage this season. David Murphy returns to the lineup in left field, with Endy Chavez resuming his little-used bench role following his lone start of the postseason. Adrian Beltre will play through his knee injury.
Delmon Young was a last-minute scratch from yesterday's game because of his oblique injury, but he's back in there against a left-hander today. Jim Leyland did move him from No. 3 to No. 5, at least. And with a southpaw on the mound Brandon Inge starts over Don Kelly at third base and Ryan Raburn moves into the No. 2 spot. Victor Martinez is playing despite injuring his oblique last night and the 4-5-6 of Martinez, Young, and Alex Avila are all at significantly less than full strength.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 12
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 16
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 85
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8