Oct 12, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 4 of the Rangers-Tigers series:
TEXAS RANGERS DETROIT TIGERS 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 1. Austin Jackson, CF 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 2. Ryan Raburn, RF 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 3. Miguel Cabrera, 1B 4. Michael Young, 1B 4. Victor Martinez, DH 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 5. Delmon Young, LF 6. Mike Napoli, C 6. Alex Avila, C 7. Nelson Cruz, RF 7. Jhonny Peralta, SS 8. David Murphy, LF 8. Ramon Santiago, 2B 9. Yorvit Torrealba, DH 9. Brandon Inge, 3B SP Matt Harrison, LHP SP Rick Porcello, RHP
Yorvit Torrealba made just his second start of the playoffs behind the plate last night as Mike Napoli moved to designated hitter to get a game off from catching, but today Napoli is back at catcher and Torrealba stays in the lineup at DH despite a .309 on-base percentage and .399 slugging percentage this season. David Murphy returns to the lineup in left field, with Endy Chavez resuming his little-used bench role following his lone start of the postseason. Adrian Beltre will play through his knee injury.
Delmon Young was a last-minute scratch from yesterday’s game because of his oblique injury, but he’s back in there against a left-hander today. Jim Leyland did move him from No. 3 to No. 5, at least. And with a southpaw on the mound Brandon Inge starts over Don Kelly at third base and Ryan Raburn moves into the No. 2 spot. Victor Martinez is playing despite injuring his oblique last night and the 4-5-6 of Martinez, Young, and Alex Avila are all at significantly less than full strength.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)