Oct 12, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Buster Posey‘s surgically repaired left leg is strong enough that he caught an eight-minute bullpen session yesterday at the Giants’ instructional league complex in Arizona, according to Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle.
That means Posey is slightly ahead of schedule, as the Giants had set November 1 as the target date for catching live pitching.
Giants trainer Dave Groeschner told Schulman that Posey “is feeling good and progressing well” from the May 25 collision at home plate that ended his season. In addition to catching the bullpen sessions he’s also been hitting in a cage, so barring a setback Posey should be cleared for a full workload heading into spring training.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)