Oct 12, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Buster Posey‘s surgically repaired left leg is strong enough that he caught an eight-minute bullpen session yesterday at the Giants’ instructional league complex in Arizona, according to Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle.
That means Posey is slightly ahead of schedule, as the Giants had set November 1 as the target date for catching live pitching.
Giants trainer Dave Groeschner told Schulman that Posey “is feeling good and progressing well” from the May 25 collision at home plate that ended his season. In addition to catching the bullpen sessions he’s also been hitting in a cage, so barring a setback Posey should be cleared for a full workload heading into spring training.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 102
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (102)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)