Oct 12, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Buster Posey‘s surgically repaired left leg is strong enough that he caught an eight-minute bullpen session yesterday at the Giants’ instructional league complex in Arizona, according to Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle.
That means Posey is slightly ahead of schedule, as the Giants had set November 1 as the target date for catching live pitching.
Giants trainer Dave Groeschner told Schulman that Posey “is feeling good and progressing well” from the May 25 collision at home plate that ended his season. In addition to catching the bullpen sessions he’s also been hitting in a cage, so barring a setback Posey should be cleared for a full workload heading into spring training.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 68
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 46
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)