Oct 12, 2011, 10:47 AM EST
Buster Posey‘s surgically repaired left leg is strong enough that he caught an eight-minute bullpen session yesterday at the Giants’ instructional league complex in Arizona, according to Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle.
That means Posey is slightly ahead of schedule, as the Giants had set November 1 as the target date for catching live pitching.
Giants trainer Dave Groeschner told Schulman that Posey “is feeling good and progressing well” from the May 25 collision at home plate that ended his season. In addition to catching the bullpen sessions he’s also been hitting in a cage, so barring a setback Posey should be cleared for a full workload heading into spring training.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)