Oct 12, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
We’ve heard so much back-and-forth on whether or not Jim Crane is going to be approved as the owner of the Astros and when that it’s hard to know what to believe anymore. But when Peter Gammons says it all matter-of-factly like this, it rings true:
Houston ownership change expected to go through in mid-November, w/ AL move.
Oh, man. So that AL move is really gonna happen, huh? Bad news for Theo Epstein and the Cubs, whose efforts to win the NL Central will be that much harder without the Astros to kick around anymore.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)