Oct 12, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
We’ve heard so much back-and-forth on whether or not Jim Crane is going to be approved as the owner of the Astros and when that it’s hard to know what to believe anymore. But when Peter Gammons says it all matter-of-factly like this, it rings true:
Houston ownership change expected to go through in mid-November, w/ AL move.
Oh, man. So that AL move is really gonna happen, huh? Bad news for Theo Epstein and the Cubs, whose efforts to win the NL Central will be that much harder without the Astros to kick around anymore.
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 4
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 27
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 4
- The Astros lost in spectacular fashion last night 26
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- Live Extra: Watch Game 3 between Sharks, Kings
- PBT Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit