Oct 12, 2011, 12:30 PM EST
We’ve heard so much back-and-forth on whether or not Jim Crane is going to be approved as the owner of the Astros and when that it’s hard to know what to believe anymore. But when Peter Gammons says it all matter-of-factly like this, it rings true:
Houston ownership change expected to go through in mid-November, w/ AL move.
Oh, man. So that AL move is really gonna happen, huh? Bad news for Theo Epstein and the Cubs, whose efforts to win the NL Central will be that much harder without the Astros to kick around anymore.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)