Oct 12, 2011, 6:21 PM EST
The minor operation was performed by Dr. Craig Morgan in Wilmington, Deleware and deemed an initial success. Masterson should be fully recovered by the start of spring training next February.
The 26-year-old right-hander registered a solid 3.21 ERA and 158/65 K/BB ratio across 216 innings this season for the second-place Indians.
Unless Ubaldo Jimenez gets the nod, Masterson could be Cleveland’s Opening Day starter in 2012.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (90)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)