Oct 12, 2011, 6:21 PM EDT
The minor operation was performed by Dr. Craig Morgan in Wilmington, Deleware and deemed an initial success. Masterson should be fully recovered by the start of spring training next February.
The 26-year-old right-hander registered a solid 3.21 ERA and 158/65 K/BB ratio across 216 innings this season for the second-place Indians.
Unless Ubaldo Jimenez gets the nod, Masterson could be Cleveland’s Opening Day starter in 2012.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 25
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 252
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 43
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (252)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (157)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)