Oct 12, 2011, 6:21 PM EDT
The minor operation was performed by Dr. Craig Morgan in Wilmington, Deleware and deemed an initial success. Masterson should be fully recovered by the start of spring training next February.
The 26-year-old right-hander registered a solid 3.21 ERA and 158/65 K/BB ratio across 216 innings this season for the second-place Indians.
Unless Ubaldo Jimenez gets the nod, Masterson could be Cleveland’s Opening Day starter in 2012.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 16
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)