Oct 12, 2011, 8:44 AM EST
Tigers’ DH Victor Martinez tweaked his oblique when he hit that home run in the fourth inning of last night’s game. But he told the Detroit Free Press last night that he expects to play in Game 4 this afternoon. Well, most likely anyway:
Q: Are you positive you’ll play tomorrow (this afternoon’s Game 4)?
A: “The only way that I don’t play tomorrow is if I wake up and I’m dead. That’s going to be the only way that I don’t play tomorrow.”
I hate waking up to find out that I’m dead. Kind of ruins the rest of the day.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)