Oct 12, 2011, 8:44 AM EST
Tigers’ DH Victor Martinez tweaked his oblique when he hit that home run in the fourth inning of last night’s game. But he told the Detroit Free Press last night that he expects to play in Game 4 this afternoon. Well, most likely anyway:
Q: Are you positive you’ll play tomorrow (this afternoon’s Game 4)?
A: “The only way that I don’t play tomorrow is if I wake up and I’m dead. That’s going to be the only way that I don’t play tomorrow.”
I hate waking up to find out that I’m dead. Kind of ruins the rest of the day.
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 0
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (124)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)