Oct 13, 2011, 1:18 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 5 of the Rangers-Tigers series:
TEXAS RANGERS DETROIT TIGERS 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 1. Austin Jackson, CF 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 2. Ryan Raburn, RF 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 3. Miguel Cabrera, 1B 4. Michael Young, DH 4. Victor Martinez, DH 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 5. Delmon Young, LF 6. Mike Napoli, C 6. Jhonny Peralta, SS 7. Nelson Cruz, RF 7. Brandon Inge, 3B 8. David Murphy, LF 8. Alex Avila, C 9. Mitch Moreland, 1B 9. Ramon Santiago, 2B SP C.J. Wilson, LHP SP Justin Verlander, RHP
Mitch Moreland is back in the Rangers’ lineup after a two-game benching, with Michael Young resuming designated hitter duties and Yorvit Torrealba heading to the bench. The rest of Texas’ lineup is the same as Game 4, with David Murphy getting the nod again in left field over Craig Gentry and Endy Chavez.
With left-hander C.J. Wilson on the mound Jim Leyland is using the same lineup he used last night against southpaw Matt Harrison, but he’s changed the batting order up. Jhonny Peralta moves from No. 7 to No. 6 and Brandon Inge moves from No. 9 to No. 7, while Ramon Santiago drops from No. 8 to No. 9 and the slumping, banged up Alex Avila drops from No. 6 to No. 8. Avila is just 2-for-33 (.061) with 14 strikeouts in the postseason while playing through a knee injury.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (211)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)