Oct 13, 2011, 1:18 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 5 of the Rangers-Tigers series:
TEXAS RANGERS DETROIT TIGERS 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 1. Austin Jackson, CF 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 2. Ryan Raburn, RF 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 3. Miguel Cabrera, 1B 4. Michael Young, DH 4. Victor Martinez, DH 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 5. Delmon Young, LF 6. Mike Napoli, C 6. Jhonny Peralta, SS 7. Nelson Cruz, RF 7. Brandon Inge, 3B 8. David Murphy, LF 8. Alex Avila, C 9. Mitch Moreland, 1B 9. Ramon Santiago, 2B SP C.J. Wilson, LHP SP Justin Verlander, RHP
Mitch Moreland is back in the Rangers’ lineup after a two-game benching, with Michael Young resuming designated hitter duties and Yorvit Torrealba heading to the bench. The rest of Texas’ lineup is the same as Game 4, with David Murphy getting the nod again in left field over Craig Gentry and Endy Chavez.
With left-hander C.J. Wilson on the mound Jim Leyland is using the same lineup he used last night against southpaw Matt Harrison, but he’s changed the batting order up. Jhonny Peralta moves from No. 7 to No. 6 and Brandon Inge moves from No. 9 to No. 7, while Ramon Santiago drops from No. 8 to No. 9 and the slumping, banged up Alex Avila drops from No. 6 to No. 8. Avila is just 2-for-33 (.061) with 14 strikeouts in the postseason while playing through a knee injury.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 59
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 52
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 21
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29