Oct 13, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
The Boston Globe certainly made the biggest news yesterday with all of that chicken and beer stuff — it was ludicrous, really — so it’s no surprise that they’re gonna stay on that story until its greasy, tasty end.
To that end: a photo slide show in which you can compare spring training pics of the Boston’s Fried Chicken Posse to pics of them taken in October. Are they fatter? Happier? You decide!
My takeaway: fat or not, the Red Sox pitchers may be the ugliest in baseball. Just throwin’ that out there. We can make lists and have voting on it this winter if you’d like, but they’re my early favorites. Really, Wakefield is the best looking one in the bunch and he’s 45. He’s like Danny Ainge on those 80s Celtics teams.
And while you’re deciding, imagine how this would all be spun if the Sox had won the wild card and made some noise in the playoffs. I’m guessing there’d be some happy in-depth story about how chicken power and male bonding was the key to the team’s success. In fact, I’m going to simply pretend that they lose five more games in 2011 if it wasn’t for the chicken and beer and treat this as a positive anyway.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 12
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 21
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 33
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)