Oct 13, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
The Boston Globe certainly made the biggest news yesterday with all of that chicken and beer stuff — it was ludicrous, really — so it’s no surprise that they’re gonna stay on that story until its greasy, tasty end.
To that end: a photo slide show in which you can compare spring training pics of the Boston’s Fried Chicken Posse to pics of them taken in October. Are they fatter? Happier? You decide!
My takeaway: fat or not, the Red Sox pitchers may be the ugliest in baseball. Just throwin’ that out there. We can make lists and have voting on it this winter if you’d like, but they’re my early favorites. Really, Wakefield is the best looking one in the bunch and he’s 45. He’s like Danny Ainge on those 80s Celtics teams.
And while you’re deciding, imagine how this would all be spun if the Sox had won the wild card and made some noise in the playoffs. I’m guessing there’d be some happy in-depth story about how chicken power and male bonding was the key to the team’s success. In fact, I’m going to simply pretend that they lose five more games in 2011 if it wasn’t for the chicken and beer and treat this as a positive anyway.
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 8
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 18
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 35
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 18
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)