Oct 13, 2011, 11:34 AM EDT
Dan Steinberg of the D.C. Sports Bog wants us to know that Dmitri Young is (a) playing in the Venezuelan Winter League; (b) is much thinner than he used to be (with photo evidence); and (c) wants to play in the bigs in 2012. Wow.
Two takeaways from this:
1) Is there anyone who wouldn’t rather have Dmitri Young on their team in 2012 than Delmon Young; and
2) If Dmitri comes back, makes the Yankees roster and plays well, can we agree that he’s the Comeback Player of the Year? Or do we give it to Clay Buchholz for winning 15 games or something?
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 12
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 16
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 85
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8