Oct 13, 2011, 11:34 AM EDT
Dan Steinberg of the D.C. Sports Bog wants us to know that Dmitri Young is (a) playing in the Venezuelan Winter League; (b) is much thinner than he used to be (with photo evidence); and (c) wants to play in the bigs in 2012. Wow.
Two takeaways from this:
1) Is there anyone who wouldn’t rather have Dmitri Young on their team in 2012 than Delmon Young; and
2) If Dmitri comes back, makes the Yankees roster and plays well, can we agree that he’s the Comeback Player of the Year? Or do we give it to Clay Buchholz for winning 15 games or something?
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 7
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 214
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (214)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)