Oct 13, 2011, 11:34 AM EST
Dan Steinberg of the D.C. Sports Bog wants us to know that Dmitri Young is (a) playing in the Venezuelan Winter League; (b) is much thinner than he used to be (with photo evidence); and (c) wants to play in the bigs in 2012. Wow.
Two takeaways from this:
1) Is there anyone who wouldn’t rather have Dmitri Young on their team in 2012 than Delmon Young; and
2) If Dmitri comes back, makes the Yankees roster and plays well, can we agree that he’s the Comeback Player of the Year? Or do we give it to Clay Buchholz for winning 15 games or something?
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 8
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)