Oct 13, 2011, 12:32 PM EST
“I want to try to get through this game with Verlander and Coke”
I presume he means Phil, but for as dicey as this series is getting for the Tigers, who knows?
Seriously, though, he’s just facing facts here. Benoit and Valverde can’t have a thing left in the tank given how much they’ve been used lately. This is Justin Verlander‘s game to win or lose. And to that end I put the over/under on how many pitches he throws at approximately three trillion. Really, we might just see his arm fall clean off in this game. And even as it dangles by a tendon, it’s probably the best option Jim Leyland has.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)