Oct 13, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 4 of the Brewers-Cardinals series:
MILWAUKEE BREWERS ST. LOUIS CARDINALS 1. Nyjer Morgan, CF 1. Rafael Furcal, SS 2. Mark Kotsay, RF 2. Allen Craig, RF 3. Ryan Braun, LF 3. Albert Pujols, 1B 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 4. David Freese, 3B 5. Rickie Weeks, 2B 5. Matt Holliday, LF 6. Jerry Hairston, 3B 6. Yadier Molina, C 7. Yuniesky Betancourt, SS 7. Ryan Theriot, 2B 8. George Kottaras, C 8. Jon Jay, CF SP Randy Wolf, LHP SP Kyle Lohse, RHP
Changes galore for both teams.
Last night Ron Roenicke benched Nyjer Morgan for Mark Kotsay in center field with ugly results, so tonight he’s benching Corey Hart in order to keep Kotsay in the lineup in right field while starting Morgan in center field. Hart was the team’s third-best hitter this season, batting .285 with 26 homers and an .866 OPS in 130 games, but apparently because he’s struggled in eight playoff games and has a poor track record in a very limited sample size of at-bats against Kyle Lohse he sits.
Allen Craig lost his starting spot when Matt Holliday returned, but he’s back in the lineup tonight in place of Lance Berkman, who’s struggled since homering early in the postseason and typically fares much worse against righties than lefties. Tony La Russa has also opted for Ryan Theriot over Nick Punto at second base while moving David Freese up into the cleanup spot with Holliday dropping down to No. 5.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 10
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 14
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 8
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 57
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)