Oct 13, 2011, 4:16 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 4 of the Brewers-Cardinals series:
MILWAUKEE BREWERS ST. LOUIS CARDINALS 1. Nyjer Morgan, CF 1. Rafael Furcal, SS 2. Mark Kotsay, RF 2. Allen Craig, RF 3. Ryan Braun, LF 3. Albert Pujols, 1B 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 4. David Freese, 3B 5. Rickie Weeks, 2B 5. Matt Holliday, LF 6. Jerry Hairston, 3B 6. Yadier Molina, C 7. Yuniesky Betancourt, SS 7. Ryan Theriot, 2B 8. George Kottaras, C 8. Jon Jay, CF SP Randy Wolf, LHP SP Kyle Lohse, RHP
Changes galore for both teams.
Last night Ron Roenicke benched Nyjer Morgan for Mark Kotsay in center field with ugly results, so tonight he’s benching Corey Hart in order to keep Kotsay in the lineup in right field while starting Morgan in center field. Hart was the team’s third-best hitter this season, batting .285 with 26 homers and an .866 OPS in 130 games, but apparently because he’s struggled in eight playoff games and has a poor track record in a very limited sample size of at-bats against Kyle Lohse he sits.
Allen Craig lost his starting spot when Matt Holliday returned, but he’s back in the lineup tonight in place of Lance Berkman, who’s struggled since homering early in the postseason and typically fares much worse against righties than lefties. Tony La Russa has also opted for Ryan Theriot over Nick Punto at second base while moving David Freese up into the cleanup spot with Holliday dropping down to No. 5.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- Bartolo Colon and Scott Feldman clear revocable waivers; eligible to be traded to any team 22
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)