Oct 13, 2011, 4:16 PM EST
Here are the lineups for Game 4 of the Brewers-Cardinals series:
MILWAUKEE BREWERS ST. LOUIS CARDINALS 1. Nyjer Morgan, CF 1. Rafael Furcal, SS 2. Mark Kotsay, RF 2. Allen Craig, RF 3. Ryan Braun, LF 3. Albert Pujols, 1B 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 4. David Freese, 3B 5. Rickie Weeks, 2B 5. Matt Holliday, LF 6. Jerry Hairston, 3B 6. Yadier Molina, C 7. Yuniesky Betancourt, SS 7. Ryan Theriot, 2B 8. George Kottaras, C 8. Jon Jay, CF SP Randy Wolf, LHP SP Kyle Lohse, RHP
Changes galore for both teams.
Last night Ron Roenicke benched Nyjer Morgan for Mark Kotsay in center field with ugly results, so tonight he’s benching Corey Hart in order to keep Kotsay in the lineup in right field while starting Morgan in center field. Hart was the team’s third-best hitter this season, batting .285 with 26 homers and an .866 OPS in 130 games, but apparently because he’s struggled in eight playoff games and has a poor track record in a very limited sample size of at-bats against Kyle Lohse he sits.
Allen Craig lost his starting spot when Matt Holliday returned, but he’s back in the lineup tonight in place of Lance Berkman, who’s struggled since homering early in the postseason and typically fares much worse against righties than lefties. Tony La Russa has also opted for Ryan Theriot over Nick Punto at second base while moving David Freese up into the cleanup spot with Holliday dropping down to No. 5.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)