Oct 13, 2011, 4:16 PM EST
Here are the lineups for Game 4 of the Brewers-Cardinals series:
MILWAUKEE BREWERS ST. LOUIS CARDINALS 1. Nyjer Morgan, CF 1. Rafael Furcal, SS 2. Mark Kotsay, RF 2. Allen Craig, RF 3. Ryan Braun, LF 3. Albert Pujols, 1B 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 4. David Freese, 3B 5. Rickie Weeks, 2B 5. Matt Holliday, LF 6. Jerry Hairston, 3B 6. Yadier Molina, C 7. Yuniesky Betancourt, SS 7. Ryan Theriot, 2B 8. George Kottaras, C 8. Jon Jay, CF SP Randy Wolf, LHP SP Kyle Lohse, RHP
Changes galore for both teams.
Last night Ron Roenicke benched Nyjer Morgan for Mark Kotsay in center field with ugly results, so tonight he’s benching Corey Hart in order to keep Kotsay in the lineup in right field while starting Morgan in center field. Hart was the team’s third-best hitter this season, batting .285 with 26 homers and an .866 OPS in 130 games, but apparently because he’s struggled in eight playoff games and has a poor track record in a very limited sample size of at-bats against Kyle Lohse he sits.
Allen Craig lost his starting spot when Matt Holliday returned, but he’s back in the lineup tonight in place of Lance Berkman, who’s struggled since homering early in the postseason and typically fares much worse against righties than lefties. Tony La Russa has also opted for Ryan Theriot over Nick Punto at second base while moving David Freese up into the cleanup spot with Holliday dropping down to No. 5.
- There was a fire at Camden Yards 0
- David Ortiz and Robinson Cano give their Super Bowl XLIX predictions 7
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 9
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 20
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 106
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (106)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)