Oct 13, 2011, 10:34 AM EDT
This is squarely in “deep thoughts” territory. And by that I mean it’s a really, really shallow thought. But I couldn’t help wonder last night, as I saw Mike Napoli block the plate on the Cabrerea play and as he threw out Austin Jackson on that steal, whether Mike Scioscia was kicking his television.
No, those couple of good plays don’t make Napoli into a great defensive catcher or anything. But given that he was basically run out of Anaheim because Scioscia didn’t like his defense — and given that one could argue that the falloff from Napoli to Mathis made the difference in the Angels’ season — it has to feel pretty good to be Mike Napoli right now.
Well, aside from the post traumatic stress disorder borne of Miguel Cabrera “running” him down last night, that is.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)