Oct 13, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
John Dennis of WEEI reports that the Red Sox and Cubs will start talks regarding compensation for Theo Epstein today. As reported earlier, it’s likely to involve either non-prospecty minor leaguers or cash, with some suggesting yesterday that the Sox would just prefer the cash.
I wish I could listen in on those negotiations. I’d want to know if, in light of the Sox’ front office totally throwing Theo and everyone under the bus yesterday, the Cubs took the bold position of saying something like “from what we can tell we’re doing you a favor. You give us something.”
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)