Oct 13, 2011, 11:19 AM EST
Yovani Gallardo is a fantastic pitcher, but he struggled against the Cardinals last night in what has become a career-long pattern versus St. Louis.
Jordan Schelling of MLB.com crunched the numbers and found that Gallardo is 1-8 with a 5.78 ERA in 12 career starts against the Cardinals compared to 53-27 with a 3.32 ERA in 107 starts against everyone else.
What’s amazing about those terrible career numbers versus the Cardinals is that Gallardo threw eight shutout, one-hit innings against them back in May for the lone win in that 1-8 mark. In his other 11 starts versus St. Louis he’s 0-8 with a 6.56 ERA.
And if the Brewers can extend the series Gallardo will take the mound in Game 7 versus Chris Carpenter.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27