Oct 13, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Yovani Gallardo is a fantastic pitcher, but he struggled against the Cardinals last night in what has become a career-long pattern versus St. Louis.
Jordan Schelling of MLB.com crunched the numbers and found that Gallardo is 1-8 with a 5.78 ERA in 12 career starts against the Cardinals compared to 53-27 with a 3.32 ERA in 107 starts against everyone else.
What’s amazing about those terrible career numbers versus the Cardinals is that Gallardo threw eight shutout, one-hit innings against them back in May for the lone win in that 1-8 mark. In his other 11 starts versus St. Louis he’s 0-8 with a 6.56 ERA.
And if the Brewers can extend the series Gallardo will take the mound in Game 7 versus Chris Carpenter.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)