Oct 13, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Yovani Gallardo is a fantastic pitcher, but he struggled against the Cardinals last night in what has become a career-long pattern versus St. Louis.
Jordan Schelling of MLB.com crunched the numbers and found that Gallardo is 1-8 with a 5.78 ERA in 12 career starts against the Cardinals compared to 53-27 with a 3.32 ERA in 107 starts against everyone else.
What’s amazing about those terrible career numbers versus the Cardinals is that Gallardo threw eight shutout, one-hit innings against them back in May for the lone win in that 1-8 mark. In his other 11 starts versus St. Louis he’s 0-8 with a 6.56 ERA.
And if the Brewers can extend the series Gallardo will take the mound in Game 7 versus Chris Carpenter.
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 8
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 3
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 7
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 80
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)