Oct 13, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
Yovani Gallardo is a fantastic pitcher, but he struggled against the Cardinals last night in what has become a career-long pattern versus St. Louis.
Jordan Schelling of MLB.com crunched the numbers and found that Gallardo is 1-8 with a 5.78 ERA in 12 career starts against the Cardinals compared to 53-27 with a 3.32 ERA in 107 starts against everyone else.
What’s amazing about those terrible career numbers versus the Cardinals is that Gallardo threw eight shutout, one-hit innings against them back in May for the lone win in that 1-8 mark. In his other 11 starts versus St. Louis he’s 0-8 with a 6.56 ERA.
And if the Brewers can extend the series Gallardo will take the mound in Game 7 versus Chris Carpenter.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)