Oct 14, 2011, 6:30 PM EST
The NLCS is now a best out of three, but Brewers manager Ron Roenicke isn’t panicking.
Marcum allowed five runs on seven hits over four innings in a Game 2 loss on Monday night and has an ugly 8.18 ERA over his last six starts if you include his final four starts of the regular season.
There’s been some clamoring for Yovani Gallardo to make the start on short rest, but Roenicke is set on saving his ace for a potential Game 7 on Monday. Still, regardless of whether the Brewers are facing elimination on Sunday, look for Marcum to get a short hook if he pitches into any sort of early trouble.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 131
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 64
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)