Oct 14, 2011, 6:30 PM EST
The NLCS is now a best out of three, but Brewers manager Ron Roenicke isn’t panicking.
Marcum allowed five runs on seven hits over four innings in a Game 2 loss on Monday night and has an ugly 8.18 ERA over his last six starts if you include his final four starts of the regular season.
There’s been some clamoring for Yovani Gallardo to make the start on short rest, but Roenicke is set on saving his ace for a potential Game 7 on Monday. Still, regardless of whether the Brewers are facing elimination on Sunday, look for Marcum to get a short hook if he pitches into any sort of early trouble.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 28
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 58
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27