Oct 14, 2011, 6:30 PM EDT
The NLCS is now a best out of three, but Brewers manager Ron Roenicke isn’t panicking.
Marcum allowed five runs on seven hits over four innings in a Game 2 loss on Monday night and has an ugly 8.18 ERA over his last six starts if you include his final four starts of the regular season.
There’s been some clamoring for Yovani Gallardo to make the start on short rest, but Roenicke is set on saving his ace for a potential Game 7 on Monday. Still, regardless of whether the Brewers are facing elimination on Sunday, look for Marcum to get a short hook if he pitches into any sort of early trouble.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (152)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)