Oct 14, 2011, 2:14 PM EST
Tim Belcher stepped down as Cleveland’s pitching coach last month, citing the need to spend more time with his family, and today the Indians officially replaced him with Scott Radinsky.
Cleveland also announced other changes to manager Manny Acta’s staff, naming Tom Wiedenbauer first base coach and Dave Miller bullpen coach.
Radinsky has been the Indians’ bullpen coach for the past two seasons and before that spent 11 seasons in the majors as a reliever for the White Sox, Dodgers, Cardinals, and Indians.
Oh, and he was also the lead singer in a punk rock band.
- Keith Law Ranks the Farm Systems: Yay for Chicago! Boo for Detroit! 23
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 155
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (155)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)