Oct 14, 2011, 2:14 PM EST
Tim Belcher stepped down as Cleveland’s pitching coach last month, citing the need to spend more time with his family, and today the Indians officially replaced him with Scott Radinsky.
Cleveland also announced other changes to manager Manny Acta’s staff, naming Tom Wiedenbauer first base coach and Dave Miller bullpen coach.
Radinsky has been the Indians’ bullpen coach for the past two seasons and before that spent 11 seasons in the majors as a reliever for the White Sox, Dodgers, Cardinals, and Indians.
Oh, and he was also the lead singer in a punk rock band.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 20
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)