Oct 14, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
Tim Belcher stepped down as Cleveland’s pitching coach last month, citing the need to spend more time with his family, and today the Indians officially replaced him with Scott Radinsky.
Cleveland also announced other changes to manager Manny Acta’s staff, naming Tom Wiedenbauer first base coach and Dave Miller bullpen coach.
Radinsky has been the Indians’ bullpen coach for the past two seasons and before that spent 11 seasons in the majors as a reliever for the White Sox, Dodgers, Cardinals, and Indians.
Oh, and he was also the lead singer in a punk rock band.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (111)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)