Oct 14, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
Tim Belcher stepped down as Cleveland’s pitching coach last month, citing the need to spend more time with his family, and today the Indians officially replaced him with Scott Radinsky.
Cleveland also announced other changes to manager Manny Acta’s staff, naming Tom Wiedenbauer first base coach and Dave Miller bullpen coach.
Radinsky has been the Indians’ bullpen coach for the past two seasons and before that spent 11 seasons in the majors as a reliever for the White Sox, Dodgers, Cardinals, and Indians.
Oh, and he was also the lead singer in a punk rock band.
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 21
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 38
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 21
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 32
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)