Oct 14, 2011, 2:14 PM EST
Tim Belcher stepped down as Cleveland’s pitching coach last month, citing the need to spend more time with his family, and today the Indians officially replaced him with Scott Radinsky.
Cleveland also announced other changes to manager Manny Acta’s staff, naming Tom Wiedenbauer first base coach and Dave Miller bullpen coach.
Radinsky has been the Indians’ bullpen coach for the past two seasons and before that spent 11 seasons in the majors as a reliever for the White Sox, Dodgers, Cardinals, and Indians.
Oh, and he was also the lead singer in a punk rock band.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)