Oct 14, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
Tony La Russa said that Lance Berkman is likely to start in right field tonight. But Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch tweets that Berkman’s right side was heavily wrapped after last night’s game, suggesting that he did something bad during his pinch hitting appearance in Game 4. Probably an oblique. It’s what all the cool kids are tweaking these days.
If the Puma is hurt, in comes Allen Craig. Who, considering that all he did was hit a home run last night, ain’t a horrible fallback.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)