Oct 14, 2011, 4:49 PM EST
Here are the lineups for Game 5 of the Brewers-Cardinals series:
MILWAUKEE BREWERS ST. LOUIS CARDINALS 1. Corey Hart, RF 1. Rafael Furcal, SS 2. Jerry Hairston, 3B 2. Jon Jay, CF 3. Ryan Braun, LF 3. Albert Pujols, 1B 4. Prince Fielder, 1B 4. Lance Berkman, RF 5. Rickie Weeks, 2B 5. Matt Holliday, LF 6. Yuniesky Betancourt, SS 6. David Freese, 3B 7. Carlos Gomez, CF 7. Yadier Molina, C 8. Jonathan Lucroy, C 8. Nick Punto, 2B SP Zack Greinke, RHP SP Jaime Garcia, LHP
With a left-hander on the mound for the Cardinals the Brewers have Carlos Gomez starting over Nyjer Morgan in their usual center field platoon and Corey Hart is back in the lineup after a one-day benching in favor of Mark Kotsay.
And with a right-hander on the mound for the Brewers the Cardinals have Lance Berkman back in there as the cleanup hitter following a one-game benching in favor of Allen Craig. Tony La Russa is going with Nick Punto over Ryan Theriot at second base.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)