Oct 14, 2011, 1:21 PM EDT
Pomeranz got arrested while coming out of a bar around 1:25 a.m. and the 22-year-old was released on a cash bond three hours later.
No further details are known yet, but Jim Armstrong of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies are aware of the situation and are expected to release a statement later today.
Pomeranz went to school at the University of Mississippi and was the fifth overall pick in the 2010 draft, emerging as one of the top pitching prospects in baseball before being traded to the Rockies and debuting in September.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)