Oct 14, 2011, 1:21 PM EDT
Pomeranz got arrested while coming out of a bar around 1:25 a.m. and the 22-year-old was released on a cash bond three hours later.
No further details are known yet, but Jim Armstrong of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies are aware of the situation and are expected to release a statement later today.
Pomeranz went to school at the University of Mississippi and was the fifth overall pick in the 2010 draft, emerging as one of the top pitching prospects in baseball before being traded to the Rockies and debuting in September.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 39
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 25
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 77
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)