Oct 14, 2011, 1:21 PM EST
Pomeranz got arrested while coming out of a bar around 1:25 a.m. and the 22-year-old was released on a cash bond three hours later.
No further details are known yet, but Jim Armstrong of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies are aware of the situation and are expected to release a statement later today.
Pomeranz went to school at the University of Mississippi and was the fifth overall pick in the 2010 draft, emerging as one of the top pitching prospects in baseball before being traded to the Rockies and debuting in September.
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 21
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 15
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)