Oct 14, 2011, 1:21 PM EDT
Pomeranz got arrested while coming out of a bar around 1:25 a.m. and the 22-year-old was released on a cash bond three hours later.
No further details are known yet, but Jim Armstrong of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies are aware of the situation and are expected to release a statement later today.
Pomeranz went to school at the University of Mississippi and was the fifth overall pick in the 2010 draft, emerging as one of the top pitching prospects in baseball before being traded to the Rockies and debuting in September.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 22
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 39
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 23
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)