Oct 14, 2011, 1:21 PM EDT
Pomeranz got arrested while coming out of a bar around 1:25 a.m. and the 22-year-old was released on a cash bond three hours later.
No further details are known yet, but Jim Armstrong of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies are aware of the situation and are expected to release a statement later today.
Pomeranz went to school at the University of Mississippi and was the fifth overall pick in the 2010 draft, emerging as one of the top pitching prospects in baseball before being traded to the Rockies and debuting in September.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)