Oct 15, 2011, 1:34 PM EDT
According to Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Adrian Beltre and Josh Hamilton were the only two players on the Rangers’ 25-man roster who did not attend an optional workout Friday at Rangers’ ballpark.
While noteworthy, neither absence is a big surprise. Beltre is dealing with discomfort after fouling a pitch off his left knee in Game 4 while Hamilton revealed earlier this week that he has been playing through a painful groin injury “for a while.”
“We called a workout, it was optional,” manager Ron Washington said. “Optional. And they chose the option not to come.”
Hamilton is batting .297 (11-for-37) with five doubles and six RBI during the postseason, starting six consecutive games in center field. Meanwhile, Beltre is batting .222 (8-for-36) with three homers (all in the same game) during the postseason and is hitless over his last three games.
The Rangers should release their lineup for Game 6 within the next couple of hours, but both are expected to play.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 4
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 30
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 5
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 12
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 101
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)