Oct 15, 2011, 1:34 PM EDT
According to Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Adrian Beltre and Josh Hamilton were the only two players on the Rangers’ 25-man roster who did not attend an optional workout Friday at Rangers’ ballpark.
While noteworthy, neither absence is a big surprise. Beltre is dealing with discomfort after fouling a pitch off his left knee in Game 4 while Hamilton revealed earlier this week that he has been playing through a painful groin injury “for a while.”
“We called a workout, it was optional,” manager Ron Washington said. “Optional. And they chose the option not to come.”
Hamilton is batting .297 (11-for-37) with five doubles and six RBI during the postseason, starting six consecutive games in center field. Meanwhile, Beltre is batting .222 (8-for-36) with three homers (all in the same game) during the postseason and is hitless over his last three games.
The Rangers should release their lineup for Game 6 within the next couple of hours, but both are expected to play.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 8
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 10
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 96
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)