Oct 15, 2011, 1:34 PM EDT
According to Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Adrian Beltre and Josh Hamilton were the only two players on the Rangers’ 25-man roster who did not attend an optional workout Friday at Rangers’ ballpark.
While noteworthy, neither absence is a big surprise. Beltre is dealing with discomfort after fouling a pitch off his left knee in Game 4 while Hamilton revealed earlier this week that he has been playing through a painful groin injury “for a while.”
“We called a workout, it was optional,” manager Ron Washington said. “Optional. And they chose the option not to come.”
Hamilton is batting .297 (11-for-37) with five doubles and six RBI during the postseason, starting six consecutive games in center field. Meanwhile, Beltre is batting .222 (8-for-36) with three homers (all in the same game) during the postseason and is hitless over his last three games.
The Rangers should release their lineup for Game 6 within the next couple of hours, but both are expected to play.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 97
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 46
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 15
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 6
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 73
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (111)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement