Oct 15, 2011, 1:34 PM EDT
According to Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Adrian Beltre and Josh Hamilton were the only two players on the Rangers’ 25-man roster who did not attend an optional workout Friday at Rangers’ ballpark.
While noteworthy, neither absence is a big surprise. Beltre is dealing with discomfort after fouling a pitch off his left knee in Game 4 while Hamilton revealed earlier this week that he has been playing through a painful groin injury “for a while.”
“We called a workout, it was optional,” manager Ron Washington said. “Optional. And they chose the option not to come.”
Hamilton is batting .297 (11-for-37) with five doubles and six RBI during the postseason, starting six consecutive games in center field. Meanwhile, Beltre is batting .222 (8-for-36) with three homers (all in the same game) during the postseason and is hitless over his last three games.
The Rangers should release their lineup for Game 6 within the next couple of hours, but both are expected to play.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)