Oct 15, 2011, 1:34 PM EDT
According to Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Adrian Beltre and Josh Hamilton were the only two players on the Rangers’ 25-man roster who did not attend an optional workout Friday at Rangers’ ballpark.
While noteworthy, neither absence is a big surprise. Beltre is dealing with discomfort after fouling a pitch off his left knee in Game 4 while Hamilton revealed earlier this week that he has been playing through a painful groin injury “for a while.”
“We called a workout, it was optional,” manager Ron Washington said. “Optional. And they chose the option not to come.”
Hamilton is batting .297 (11-for-37) with five doubles and six RBI during the postseason, starting six consecutive games in center field. Meanwhile, Beltre is batting .222 (8-for-36) with three homers (all in the same game) during the postseason and is hitless over his last three games.
The Rangers should release their lineup for Game 6 within the next couple of hours, but both are expected to play.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 49
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17