Oct 15, 2011, 4:31 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 6 of the Tigers-Rangers series:
DETROIT TIGERS TEXAS RANGERS 1. Austin Jackson, CF 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 2. Ryan Raburn, RF 2. Elvis Andrus, RF 3. Miguel Cabrera, 1B 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 4. Victor Martinez, DH 4. Michael Young, 1B 5. Delmon Young, LF 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 6. Jhonny Peralta, SS 6. Mike Napoli, C 7. Alex Avila, C 7. Nelson Cruz, RF 8. Brandon Inge, 3B 8. David Murphy, DH 9. Ramon Santiago, 2B 9. Endy Chavez, LF SP Max Scherzer, RHP SP Derek Holland, LHP
No big changes for the Tigers this evening, as Jim Leyland has merely flipped Alex Avila and Brandon Inge in the order. Avila has struggled this postseason while battling pain in both of his knees, but connected for a solo home run off C.J. Wilson in the Game 5 win on Thursday. Ryan Raburn homered off Derek Holland back in Game 2.
The Rangers originally had Endy Chavez at designated hitter, which was an odd decision considering his reputation as a strong defender, but Ron Washington apparently came to his senses and swapped him with David Murphy. Also of note, Michael Young will get the start at first base after Mitch Moreland started there in Game 5. Yorvit Torrealba, who was the designated hitter in Game 5, is on the bench.
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 86
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 55
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 2
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 149
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 11
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (149)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)