Oct 15, 2011, 4:31 PM EST
Here are the lineups for Game 6 of the Tigers-Rangers series:
DETROIT TIGERS TEXAS RANGERS 1. Austin Jackson, CF 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 2. Ryan Raburn, RF 2. Elvis Andrus, RF 3. Miguel Cabrera, 1B 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 4. Victor Martinez, DH 4. Michael Young, 1B 5. Delmon Young, LF 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 6. Jhonny Peralta, SS 6. Mike Napoli, C 7. Alex Avila, C 7. Nelson Cruz, RF 8. Brandon Inge, 3B 8. David Murphy, DH 9. Ramon Santiago, 2B 9. Endy Chavez, LF SP Max Scherzer, RHP SP Derek Holland, LHP
No big changes for the Tigers this evening, as Jim Leyland has merely flipped Alex Avila and Brandon Inge in the order. Avila has struggled this postseason while battling pain in both of his knees, but connected for a solo home run off C.J. Wilson in the Game 5 win on Thursday. Ryan Raburn homered off Derek Holland back in Game 2.
The Rangers originally had Endy Chavez at designated hitter, which was an odd decision considering his reputation as a strong defender, but Ron Washington apparently came to his senses and swapped him with David Murphy. Also of note, Michael Young will get the start at first base after Mitch Moreland started there in Game 5. Yorvit Torrealba, who was the designated hitter in Game 5, is on the bench.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)