Oct 15, 2011, 2:22 PM EDT
Buster Olney of ESPN.com reports that the Athletics were denied permission to interview Reds pitching coach Bryan Price.
The Athletics are currently seeking a replacement for Ron Romanick, who was fired following his first season on the job. Bob Melvin, who took over for Bob Geren in June and just inked a three-extension to remain A’s manager, is expected to have more input on the hiring of the next pitching coach.
The interest in Price makes perfect sense, as Melvin knows him well from their time together with the Mariners and the Diamondbacks. However, because Price still has one year left on his multi-year contract with the Reds, the Athletics will have to look in another direction.
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot