Oct 15, 2011, 11:23 AM EDT
Jerry Dipoto was passed over for the Diamondbacks general manager job last year in favor of Kevin Towers, but he’s still a hot property around MLB.
Jack McGruder of FOX Sports Arizona reports that the Angels and Orioles have received permission from the Diamondbacks to speak with Dipoto about their vacant general manager positions. Dipoto, who made a splash as interim general manager after Josh Byrnes was fired in 2010, served as the Diamondbacks’ vice president of scouting and player development this season.
Buster Olney of ESPN.com reported last night that Dipoto is viewed as the current favorite for the Orioles’ job, citing his past experience with Buck Showalter. Two Yankees executives, Damon Oppenheimer and Billy Eppler, are also expected to interview for the Angels’ GM position.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 20
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 102
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 73
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (102)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)