Oct 15, 2011, 11:23 AM EDT
Jerry Dipoto was passed over for the Diamondbacks general manager job last year in favor of Kevin Towers, but he’s still a hot property around MLB.
Jack McGruder of FOX Sports Arizona reports that the Angels and Orioles have received permission from the Diamondbacks to speak with Dipoto about their vacant general manager positions. Dipoto, who made a splash as interim general manager after Josh Byrnes was fired in 2010, served as the Diamondbacks’ vice president of scouting and player development this season.
Buster Olney of ESPN.com reported last night that Dipoto is viewed as the current favorite for the Orioles’ job, citing his past experience with Buck Showalter. Two Yankees executives, Damon Oppenheimer and Billy Eppler, are also expected to interview for the Angels’ GM position.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8