Oct 15, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
If the Tigers win the next two games in Texas and reach the World Series, they will have done it without Justin Verlander.
According to ESPN’s Buster Olney, Tigers manager Jim Leyland just confirmed that Verlander will not pitch again during the ALCS. Some speculated that he could be available for a relief appearance in a potential Game 7 tomorrow night, but Leyland is committed to resting him after he threw a career-high 133 pitches in a Game 5 victory on Thursday.
“If you see Verlander pitch again this season, it’ll be a good thing, because it’ll be in the World Series.”
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)